Author Topic: Easy way to copy nokia java mobile contacts, to samsung android mobiles  (Read 22305 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
This is a tip for Java nokia phone users who has s40 or s60 versions, and who has now upgraded their mobile to android and who want to copy the contacts to the android phones.
                 The trouble is nokia files does not automatically finds place in contacts in android phones, as otherwise, you either enabled mobile data . This is costing something, as this converts and show the contacts and once you close this also closes.
               There may be many ways. But I find this way easy and useful and does not need mobile data to be enabled to access these contacts. Sometimes, it costs and the amount is deducted from your mobile provider, cutting the cost from your mobile rent balance.
                As android wants the format as video card file type, if you just copy the contacts to the memory card by using the backup and sync in settings menu, then when you insert this memory card to access the contacts, you get the error, no vcf format files found or words to the effect.
Please see this link. It gives useful tips to how to workaround to get the contacts to your Samsung phones, without enabling wifi,mobile data or gps.
Backup your contacts from Nokia S40 Series (Java Phones)
•   Make sure you have enough space in the Memory Card then follow these steps
•   Go to Menu and click on setting.
•   Scroll down to “Sync & Backup” and click it.
•   Locate “Create Backup” and click it. You will receive an alert warning you not to remove the card during backup process.
•   Select the items to backup (Settings, Contacts, Messages etc) . In this case, contacts and click “done” at the lower right corner of the screen.
•   After the back up has completed, remove the memory card
•   Backup your contacts from Nokia S60 Series (Symbia Phones)
•   Go to your contacts list and “Mark All”
•   Go to option and Click “Create Backup”
•   Also do not remove the memory card or switch off your phone during the process.
•   After completing it, remove the memory card and insert it into your Samsung Phone.
•   When you see the memory card you only find a backup.000 folder and it wont open in nokia or Samsung phones
•   convert nokia backup file to vcf file , compine vcf file to a single file
•   easy steps
.nbf file already contains vcf files
all you need to do is
1- change file > run > type "cmd"
2-brows to directory extension from .nbf to .zip
2- extract zipped file and brows folders till find the "contacts" folder and you'll find vcf files inside it one file for each contact

combine all vcf files to single file
1- open start menu (folder) that contains vcf files using cd command
ex: vcf files in path c:\folde\folder
then you type cd c:\folder\folder
3- type  copy *.vcf allcontacts.vcf then press enter
4-now you've a new file called allcontacts.vcf combine all vcf files *
•   You just copy this file in your memory card
•   You insert this memory card and then do the following steps

NOTE:*
make sure
BEGIN:VCARD
END:VCARD
doesn't have any prefix special characters  like
للEND:VCARD
to know that open file in notepad and remove these characters
•   Follow up steps:
•   
 Import all the contacts into your Samsung Galaxy Phone
•   Go to your contact list and click on “Option”
•   Click Export/Import
•   Select the source of contacts (SD Memory Card) and wait while the phone searches through the memory card to detect all the contacts in the memory.
•   Select mode of transfer (Definitely, All Contacts) and click Ok
•   Select your Target , SIM, Wait for the phone to import all the contacts from the card.\
•   Now you have got all the contacts in mobile . If prompts, some thing could not be copied , just proceed with yes when copying the file to Samsung sim. (The sim that Samsung phone has
•   These links certainly did help me in transferring nokia java phone contacts to Samsung. I do not know about other phones, as I only have Samsung android phones.
•   If this tip helps you well, good. If there are other tips, please share those.
•   The useful links, I used
•   How to do the thing
http://techexponent.net/how-to-transfer-contacts-from-nokia-phones-to-samsung-galaxy/
And how to convert the files to vcf format
http://yehiaa.blogspot.in/2012/07/convert-nokia-backup-file-to-vcf-file.html
Thanks. I submit this tip to Shane for his approval

The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

anything