Author Topic: Trouble shooting bundle utility from Sysinternal, Microsoft sister company  (Read 5057 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Trouble shooting in windows 7 is somewhat easy because of automated trouble shooting available for selected items. Troubleshooting tools are invariably necessary to trouble shoot particular problems or to know what is causing the problem in computer working.
                Process explorer is one such utility by the above company, which give the process details and way to kill unwanted process. It shows the details , how much percentage of resource each process use and you could eliminate any processes which otherwise stubbornly reside, even when you delete in task manager. Like wise there are so many useful tools by this.
                      One more thing. Now, they have made a zip download of all the utilities concerned in to one zip file which one extract and save in a folder and resort to such type of utilities one wishes to choose. If suppose, one want to know the rootkit, there is one exe which when clicked do the things required of that tool. Likewise, it contains about 60 tools, which it provided to the users over a period of time. This is for introduction. The tools helps files are also found in each of the individual tool. If you want to easily refer the link is given below.
                           The Sysinternals Troubleshooting Utilities have been rolled up into a single Suite of tools. This file contains the individual troubleshooting tools and help files The link is here:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb842062.aspx
                                   You could easily download select the particular tool for the device if it is not properly working .Hope that this helps somebody

P.S: This tool should be useful not for novice, but they can also see the help file for each of the exe, and bearing in mind what that will do, one can execute each trouble shooting exes. In its webpage, This is utility for all windows. If any compatibility or start error occurs, please refer Windows help or Internet surfing tips
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 02:06:32 AM by jraju »
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Online Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble shooting bundle utility from Sysinternal, Microsoft sister company
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 09:56:47 AM »
Process Explorer was enhanced with the inclusion of VirusTotal.com but it isn't default enabled.

To enable this click on Options and hover over VirusTotal.com then check the box in the slide out menu.

This will give you a column of values/50ish and hopefully all in blue.

Any high values/50ish in red are suspect and probably require removing, but a Google for them will confirm what they are.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 07:37:47 PM »
Hi, Boggins
                     Thanks for the update. Could you thro some more lights on how this work with virus removal. That would be very much welcome
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Online Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 12:30:45 AM »
When you see an item with a red Virus Total value, that could be suspect - just as Autoruns highlights those in yellow, but Virus Total gives degrees of suspicion by the value/50ish.

It highlights one on mine as 1/52 but I know the program so know it isn't malicious, but if I saw one with a much higher numerator/50ish then that would warrant closer scrutiny.

Online Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
But the 2 programs are separate, so yes, normally you would need to buy a copy of both. But talk to me through email and I can see what i can do  :wink:

Process Explorer is free https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

anything