Author Topic: free program removes Windows 10 prep files and tracking updates windows 7/8.1  (Read 6051 times)

Offline Article_86

• View Profile
Here's a script that I have been posting around.  Shane you can have this and do what you will with it.  Many have found it useful and time-saving.  I am SURE that you could make it better.  It's rather half-baked but I rushed it because it was needed.  My treat.  - Art   :cheesy:

Link to file removed as being possibly harmful.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 02:44:24 PM by Boggin »
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today,
I wish, I wish he'd go away...
- Hughes Mearns

Offline Article_86

• View Profile
To find if new unwanted updates are added/removed, keep an eye on the Norton thread that I posted.  - Art   :wink:
- Hughes Mearns

Offline Julian

• "Cat and Mum Guy"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Interesting script I'm gonna check this out
You should check this out http://www.tweaking.com/forums/index.php/topic,3690.0.html
I put together a batch file and used an amazing ps script. I''ve used this way because it's easier to choose updates and runs faster because no gui it's all using bits transfer
Julian

Offline Article_86

• View Profile
Will do, Julian.  Thanks!  - Art   :smiley:
- Hughes Mearns

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I post on the Windows Secrets Lounge forum with VIP status and by pure chance your username cropped up in the VIP section and one of the Mods happened to mention that an "Article_86" member had been banned for posting what seems like the fix you have posted on here.

The reason for the ban was because the "fix" actually disabled Windows Update and was classed as malware.

Comment Please.

Offline Article_86

• View Profile
And your point in asking, Drew?
- Hughes Mearns

Offline Article_86

• View Profile
BTW, you can still find that exact post/upload in the Norton Forums.  Enjoy.  - Art
- Hughes Mearns

Offline Article_86

• View Profile
I post on the Windows Secrets Lounge forum with VIP status and by pure chance your username cropped up in the VIP section and one of the Mods happened to mention that an "Article_86" member had been banned for posting what seems like the fix you have posted on here.

The reason for the ban was because the "fix" actually disabled Windows Update and was classed as malware.

Comment Please.
That was the excuse that was given, as you know.  But the REAL reason is that I went after THIS Jack-Ass.(BANNED FROM BC):
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 11:21:29 PM by Article_86 »
- Hughes Mearns

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Yes, member abuse was also mentioned of which the WSL forum has a zero tolerance policy.

If you had established yourself as a useful member then you may have been given a month's suspension for that, but added to that someone had checked out your batch file and found it to be possibly harmful and all this in your first post (which I didn't see) - you were declared persona no grata.

I haven't had the need to check out your batch file, but just how "rough" is it as Shane has a reputation to maintain and would not endorse anything that could cause harm - but as it is there on the forum for a Google Spider to pick up, someone could come along and give it a try to their detriment.

Offline Article_86

• View Profile
Boggin says:

"If you had established yourself as a useful member then you may have been given a month's suspension for that, but added to that someone had checked out your batch file and found it to be possibly harmful and all this in your first post (which I didn't see) - you were declared persona no grata.

I haven't had the need to check out your batch file, but just how "rough" is it as Shane has a reputation to maintain and would not endorse anything that could cause harm - but as it is there on the forum for a Google Spider to pick up, someone could come along and give it a try to their detriment."

"persona no grata";  Impressive language, you must be VERY smart!  It's "persona NON grata".  I can become a pain in your ass, too.

1)  Are you trying to turn THIS Forum into yet another 'clique'?  Go away, or I am going to tell my Mommy that you touched me. 

2)  Nothing but innuendo.    ... and coming from YOU, a MODERATOR?!  I ask again, what's your point? 

3)  Your passive-aggressive effort to smear my reputation just put YOU on a list too.  lol

4)  I won't take any BS off of you either, Boggin.  IF you had taken the time to research your baseless accusations, you would either know better, or are just 'trolling'.  Have you found out why "Drew" (your buddy) was banned?  I couldn't find out much ... pity.

Your pal, Art.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 01:14:34 PM by Article_86 »
- Hughes Mearns

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
So I made a typo - happens quite often.

I'm not bothered why Drew was banned on another forum and it's his conduct which is judged by the Admins and Mods, not me.

My concern was that you had posted something that could cause harm to others on this forum and I wanted to ascertain you were the same Article_86 and that was the same batch file that had been tested by a Mod on the WSL forum and found it blocked all Windows Updates, that is my point.

There is no innuendo in that , but should you decide to become a PIMA then I could probably recommend that you are banned on here as well.

As you have failed to answer my main query regarding your batch file, I'm going to remove the links to it.

If you had bothered to read the rules of the WSL forum then you would have seen that by abusing another member that you were in breach of those rules.

Offline Tim_Tweaking

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tweaking.com
And with that we're done. the forums here exist for support for the Tweaking.Com forums and the moderators deserve some respect for the time they volunteer here. The forums also just look bad with the mommy name calling, the so called lists and you're weak threats. I've been doing this for 20+ years here, MajorGeeks.Com and many others and still standing.

Move on. this is done with.
Tweaking.Com Support and Moderator

anything