Author Topic: Windows AIO repair safe mode (solved)  (Read 4204 times)

Offline whiggs

• View Profile
Windows AIO repair safe mode (solved)
« on: November 27, 2015, 02:21:59 PM »
Sorry I keep posting about different errors encountered, and I am sure this has more to do with the major windows 10 November update than windows AIO repair, as I have described this issue before when dealing with botched installation, but whenever I boot into safe mode using windows AIO repair after installing the major update (to my knowledge), when launching Windows AIO repair to perform the repairs, the command prompt will display the following text (may have gotten wording a bit wrong, as it will not stay visible for long):

Setting Windows safe mode
An error occured while attempting to delete the specified data element.

After the console goes away, the "reboot to safe mode" button is still visible, unlike when the process is successful and the button disappears, indicating you are truely in safe mode.  And for some odd reason, every time without fail (every time I have installed os and installed November update), when I launch safe mode, Microsoft Edge attempts to display a web page (like what you would expect to happen after a mjor OS update), but the content will not display, giving pop up box:

This app can't open.  Get Started can't be opened using the Built-in Administrator account.  Sign in with a different account and try again. 

However, I do not have the built-in admin enabled and am logging in with my Microsoft account.  Anybody else encountering this madness!!???
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 11:30:41 AM by whiggs »

Offline Julian

• "Cat and Mum Guy"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Windows AIO repair safe mode
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 11:14:57 PM »
if uac is disabled this will pop up because the apps can't run with uac disabled ms made sure of that it's quite annoying to be honest when you can't even open a calculator app. lol and i believe in safe mode the admin account will have uac disabled so know its not an error it should pop up like that.
Julian

Offline whiggs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 06:10:47 AM »
Thank you for your reply, but that is not what I meant to focus on.  I meant to draw attention to the following anamolies: 1) what is the command prompt that launches with windows AIO repair doing and why is the process failing.  2) why is microsoft edge even trying to launch anything to begin with, since booting into safe mode normally does not exhibit this behavior.  I am 95% sure it has to do with the november update installation, as these events always occur after the installation like clock work.  I also believe this because of some strange behaviors exhibited by OS: the launching of edge in safe mode I think is what is meant to be launched after the update is installed in a normal boot, as the app is called "getting started."  Also, during the actual boot of the os, the windows splash loading screen will do this thing were it will disappear, which makes one think the windows login screen will display next, but the windows splash screen actually reappears for a couple more seconds and then loads the windows login screen.  I have only seen this behavior in one other instance, and that is immediately after an OS installation, when you power on the computer for the first time and see the windows loading screen, it will temporarily disappear, then reappear and windows will start preparing the devices for use with the computer.  All these aspects added together make me think that the update is installing incorrectly somehow, but it does this EVERY FREAKIN TIME (and I have tried this probably 10 times now).  I have been doing research into the issue, and have read that performing a clean install of the os with the updated build could resolve the issue.  The only problem is that, from what I determined last night, the windows media creation tool still only creates windows 10 media of the july build.  Does anybody know how to obtain windows 10 pro x64 build 1511 media?  Or the 1511 update package so I can slipstream it into existing media?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 06:42:22 AM »
MS withdrew 1511 from MCT for about 72hrs but included it again, so when you download that you will get it bundled and will be the their revamped version.

Offline whiggs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 07:19:58 AM »
So, just to make sure I understand correctly, the media creation tool that microsoft is currently hosting, if I were to create an iso image using the tool, it would be of build 1511?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 08:51:42 AM »
This is why it was pulled and confirms it now comes with the latest 1511, although MS at first were spouting all sorts of crap as to why they pulled it.

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/62561/microsoft-resumes-windows-10-1511-downloads-explains-itself

Offline whiggs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2015, 11:28:56 AM »
Thank you for the reply/information.  I have to say, this forum is much more useful than the idiots microsoft has hired to work their Windows 10 customer support help desk.  Had a chat with one of them this morning about the issue and she didn't even understand the question.  Retards.