Author Topic: Suggestions on Windows Repair program  (Read 1910 times)

Offline amitg43

• View Profile
Suggestions on Windows Repair program
« on: June 06, 2016, 03:22:37 AM »
Windows Repair came to my rescue when suggestions from several other forums failed to work in remedying the problem of a very long time (about 100 minutes) from start to the logon screen. My laptop is Dell Inspiron N5110  with Intel Core i5-2450M (2.5 GHz), 500GB HDD and 6GB RAM and the OS was upgraded from OEM installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (build 10586) now, going through intermediate steps of Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 Pro build 10240.

Subsequently, I did something which messed up my system again and though log on takes may be around 10 times, but some features are not responding. I tried Windows Repair again but it continued its actions for such a long time that I thought it was stuck somewhere and I cancelled it to come out. I knew that Repair items 1, 2 and 16 are supposed to take long, but I had no idea how long is "long"!

In this context, I would like to suggest two things:
1. Could you make the program show the progress status (say, by putting a "done" remark against each completed repair)? If I knew which repair the program was working on, I would not possibly stop the repair!
2. As a new user, I straightaway clicked "Start Repairs" seeing almost all repair items checked by default. Later, I found that the third tab showed explanations about each repair. I came to realize that I could possibly uncheck items which were not any problem issue, thereby saving some time for repair. If under the first tab there were some remark drawing attention to this aspect, it could be helpful. Of course there could be a caution note also against unchecking items which might be very essentially tied to a good repair.

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
Re: Suggestions on Windows Repair program
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 09:20:15 AM »
- When you run Windows Repair then it will switch/open to the log pane and show what repairs are being executed.