Author Topic: Program Startup With Windows 7  (Read 2495 times)

Offline rusty

• View Profile
Program Startup With Windows 7
« on: July 16, 2016, 10:33:59 PM »
Is these any way to stop Windows Repair from automatically inserting itself into Windows 7 startup? I use Patch My PC to download the latest Windows Repair updates, and I always have to click on the "Remove From Startup" button to keep the program from starting with Windows 7.

Great tool by the way.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Program Startup With Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 03:23:14 AM »
I have the Pro version on one laptop and the freebie on another and have never had that problem after any upgrade.

Go Start - type msconfig and press enter.

You may see an entry for it under the Startup tab, if not, click on Services then check the box to Hide all Microsoft services where you can uncheck its box - Apply - OK - Restart.

Offline rusty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 08:54:41 PM »
For what it's worth, I recently installed Windows Repair on another Windows 7 machine, and after today's update, the program is starting up with Windows too. Unchecking the WR Tray Icon (under the settings tab) of Windows Repair solves the problem - for now - but the issue repeats itself on the next upgrade.

Is there any reason Windows Repair should default to this behavior? Is this an added benefit? It's a great program, but I'm really stingy about what gets added to the startup menu.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 01:45:46 AM »
How do you mean that the program is starting with Windows - is the program actually opening when you boot up ?

WR doesn't appear in my msconfig startup menu or under services tab.

The tray icon is something else which I find a useful utility, although it's rare that I use it.

You can change its behaviour by customizing the system tray icons - I have it set to show icon and notifications, but you can set it to just show notifications.

Offline rusty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 06:44:45 PM »
The WR tray icon reinserts itself into the system tray every time I install a Windows Repair update. The program does not open up when Windows boots, but I don't like the idea of the Windows Repair reinserting itself into the tray, thereby causing me to needlessly open the program just to remove it from startup.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 06:48:41 PM by rusty »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 12:36:55 AM »
I have mine to show all of the time so that I can use it to clear the memory now and again, but click on the icons arrow, select Customize and set it to only show notifications or to never if you don't want to see it.