Author Topic: Pre-Scan results (HELP) SOLVED  (Read 10675 times)

Offline Peaches

• View Profile
Re: Pre-Scan results (HELP)
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2016, 11:34:14 PM »
did what you asked Julian & I dont know what I did wrong BUTTT  see attached  :cry: :shy:
I really thought I followed your directions very carefully.  the only thing I can think of is I copied them & pasted them into the folder maybe I should of cut & pasted  :cry: :shy:  Please help me

Peaches

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2016, 02:05:33 AM »
The 2nd of Aug. is the release date for the anniversary update which is supposed to be the final fix all update, but time will tell as to whether it will do that.

It may well fix the odd niggles that people are experiencing but could also create some more....

As for the Package files, they may have been corrupt that Julian had extracted - Julian will get back to you on those.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 02:07:49 AM by Boggin »

Offline Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2016, 08:37:42 AM »
Thanks Boggin,   :wink:   I will cheak back in a few.  Have a GREAT day!!

Peaches

Offline Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2016, 08:31:19 PM »
 :sad:  Julian are ya OK???

Offline Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2016, 06:19:35 AM »
From your PM and the "missing" KBs 3172985 and 3174060 and that you don't seem to have received any updates since upgrading, I would suggest that you use the Upgrade now button from https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 which will install Win 10 again without loss to any of your personal files or installed programs.

I haven't run a Pre-Scan since I upgraded as things seem to be working okay - was your scan out of curiosity or because you are having problems ?

I missed this or it didnt sink in anyway Boggin I just did it & I ran the windows repair again &  that problem is gone.  (attached)  Thank you!!  I hope Julian is doing OK & I do thank him for all his help also.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-Scan results (HELP) SOLVED
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2016, 09:17:38 AM »
I was just looking at your previous repair log and noticed it was an earlier build to what I have which is 10586.494 whereas yours was 10586.420

Upgrading again will have given you the latest build which may have resolved those Package file problems.

There is another one due which while some have had no problems, it has caused problems for some, so I would advise creating a full external system image - although one of the Recovery options is to roll back to previous build.

This update is known as the Anniversary Update and was released to the general public on 2nd Aug.

Some have gotten it naturally and some have tried the manual download, but because there are quite a lot of complaints about it, it's possible that MS may have withdrawn it until they debug it.

http://www.infoworld.com/article/3104389/microsoft-windows/the-case-against-windows-10-anniversary-update-grows.html

From your latest Pre-Scan I notice it snagged quite a few Reparse Points which has reported it has repaired.

A few of us have also had those snagged but on doing another Pre-Scan, found it was reporting the same number with problems.

I'm still waiting for answer from Shane regarding this, but can you do another Pre-Scan to see if it is the same for you.

As far as those of us who have found this, it doesn't seem to have any adverse effects.

Offline Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2016, 10:03:01 AM »
OK I will do another scan,  Hummm Boggin i dont know how to do a image type save I do have that external drive hooked up now but i guilty of not reading everything to know if it will do what i need.  It is a WD My Book & I guess i be reading & sdeeing what it will do after I go mow the lawn   :wink: Thanks Boggin for your help

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2016, 10:19:11 AM »
Yours may be the same as mine, but right click on the Start button and select Control Panel where you may see under System and Security, Backup and Restore (Windows 7) which gives you the old Create a system image window.

Else go All Control Panel Items - select File history and in the lower left corner click on System Image Backup which will take you to the same window.

Offline Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2016, 04:05:21 PM »
Boggin I am on my brothers PC and I wanted you to know, my house burnt down last night, lost everything so I no pc problems any more.  thanks so much for your help.     

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2016, 04:22:03 PM »
I'm very sorry to hear that - it must be the saddest news I've heard for some time.

Are you alright ?

Offline Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2016, 04:25:26 PM »
Yes I wasn't inside when it started, it burnt up so fast

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2016, 04:45:22 PM »
Well at least that's something - hope you were insured, but while that can replace material things, it cannot replace things of sentiment.

Offline Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2016, 05:01:00 PM »
No it cant & I haven't been able  to go inside yet I just to upset anyway I wanted to let ya know. 

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2016, 05:06:49 PM »
Well, you have my deepest sympathy.

anything