Author Topic: Anyone got the CAT, Mum and Manifest for JUST TWO(!) missing CheckSUR defects?  (Read 2281 times)

Offline bigaluk

• View Profile
Unfortunately the two missing packages just don't seem to be locatable anymore! 
For instance, the KB2952664 I seam to be able to find every version EXCEPT 6.1.16.5
Likewise for KB3150513 version 6.1.1.4.

The somewhat bitter irony in all this is that these are long-since-replaced versions (even on the faulting machine).  But the absence of these files is preventing WUS from working!  That's all these files do: stop things working when corrupted and lost:  they are otherwise redundant.   Gaaargh!

Here's the log extract:

Checking Component Store

Summary:
Seconds executed: 1133
 Found 9 errors
  CBS MUM Missing Total count: 2
  CBS Watchlist Package Missing Total count: 3
  CBS Watchlist Component Missing Total count: 4

Unavailable repair files:
   servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2952664~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.16.5.mum
   servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB3150513~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.4.mum
   servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2952664~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.16.5.cat
   servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB3150513~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.4.cat

Would appreciate any help in tracking these down.

Online Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I've PM'd Julian to see if he can help you with these but so far, haven't had a response - I'll give him a bump but I know he has been very busy with his day job.

Because of the amount of updates Win 10 had been receiving and the problems some of those had been causing, Shane has discontinued help with corrupt Package files, but as you only have a couple, I'll see who I can roust to help you with those - if you still need help.

Offline bigaluk

• View Profile
Thanks for the responses, people.  Unfortunately (or fortunately) some time has elapsed, and I spent some total of 8-10 hours with a Microsoft support guy from India (I think) who helped me through a very intensive long winded recovery process using a win7 ultimate ISO from somewhat dubious sources (not something they'd normally do, but I'm obviously a good sweet talker).

All in all, after 3 days I can happily say all is resolved, having managed to retain Win7's anytime-upgrade (a minor miracle in itself) and all applications and data intact.  :)

P.S.  I thought I had already posted this, but the forum input thingy appears to have thrown a wobbly and put it somewhere else!

Offline bigaluk

• View Profile
Keeps doing strange things...
(The forum editor, that is)  Saying something about interleaved posts ...   Hohum.  Message still sent though (I think).
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 08:05:32 AM by bigaluk »

Online Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Yes, you have - I've just replied to it.

You put it in the wrong thread :) - http://www.tweaking.com/forums/index.php/topic,4889.0.html

I'll delete both posts in that thread.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 08:20:10 AM by Boggin »

Online Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Start again - Glad to see that you are sorted.

Did the tech give you a link to download that Ultimate ISO - being a tech, he could have authorised the download without a product key.

Offline bigaluk

• View Profile
Since we are not naming any names, no.  I did a little research and found 3 different ISO sources, then did a comparison to increase the chances of them being "pukka", (they were indeed all identical).  He went along with it purely because (a) he could already see from the Magical Jellybean Keyfinder that my stored key was an upgrade from the one on my ISO, and (b) because ultimately the recovery process would have failed if it had not been.  In the end, this was actually the only way on God's earth that I would have been able to get at a recovery ISO for Win7 Ultimate - thanks to that "Anytime Upgrade" process that Microsoft abandoned shortly after I had applied it all those years ago.  In short, the dear Microsoft chap went well beyond the call of duty and probably broke all kinds of rules in doing so.  No regrets on my side though:  I now have back what I paid for.  :)  So all praise be to Microsoft.  Doubly so, since this was originally free support due to a Windows Update failure crashing the PC and several crucial files having been corrupted in the process.  I explained that I was trying to stabilise a Win7 image disk after having created a dual boot win an already applied Win10 upgrade, and that a subsequent update failure to the Win7 image had left me without the ability to support all my legacy stuff on XP Mode (which Win10 doesn't support).  All in all, it was enough of a challenge for the tech support guy to be unusually helpful, I reckon.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 08:56:36 AM by bigaluk »

Online Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I'm surprised you were still able to find sources to download the ISO as MS issued a desist order to all those who were supplying them.

It was a sad day when Digital River were no longer able to supply them.

Don't suppose you could PM me with the links - it could save me from having to burn disks and send them off to all over the globe to help those who don't have an install disk and with the ei.cfg file removed, they become universal install disks for that architecture.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 08:55:30 AM by Boggin »