Author Topic: Registry Backup and Windows Repair System Tray Icon  (Read 1938 times)

Offline Still_Game

• View Profile
Registry Backup and Windows Repair System Tray Icon
« on: February 06, 2017, 03:14:52 AM »
I use Registry Backup from within Windows Repair and have it set up to make a Volume Shadow Copy Auto Backup once per day, running under System Account and set up to make only one copy per day. This works well for the most part but on occasion, if I'm making some significant changes to the system and want to make a further Registry Backup that day, neither clicking on the link in the System Tray Icon nor opening up Registry Backup and clicking the command to backup from there will initiate a backup - it starts briefly, but the terminates, presumably because the settings for only one automatic backup per day override the command. If I want to create another backup, I have to deselect the setting for only one backup per day, make the backup, and then reapply the constraint.

It would be much easier if clicking on the tray link would allow me to override the daily restriction - is it something that could be added easily or am I the only one who who feels this would be helpful?

Thanks again for some very useful software.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

anything