Author Topic: SOLVED Runtime Broker.exe App error  (Read 1570 times)

Offline utbas1953

• View Profile
Re: Runtime Broker.exe App error
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2017, 09:39:25 AM »
Thanks Boggin, I will try and digest all your info. As Broker.exe only deals with MS apps I have deleted all those possible to be left with about five that cannot be deleted and  most of those five I do not not use. I did this in the hope to narrow down the amount of MS apps to hopefully make it easier to track down the culprit/s. Last night I designed using a DTP program a troubleshooting layout to record the steps and the end result of such actions taken. I am now looking for a tea chest as an addition to the troubleshooting.  With a slot cut in the top it will become a swear box to hold the penalties.....   

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 09:43:41 AM »
Perhaps a wishing well or fountain would be better - but at least with a tea chest you can get your money back :D

Offline utbas1953

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 05:27:47 PM »
Hi Boggin, I am giving the laptop to my son as he was thinking of buying his daughter a laptop. I will give him all the info you gave me as I told him of the Broker.exe problem. As my wife bought me a combined birthday and Xmas present consisting of a new laptop with W10 Home I decided it would be easier to update that and so have installed the Fall Creator update (prior to that there were 8 updates to install first) without a hitch. I have also attached an external HDD to the laptop to enable system backups in case of future problems. Thank you for your help. 

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2017, 12:17:30 AM »
Hope your son is able to resolve the broker problem for his daughter.

It's best not to leave an ext. HDD connected to a computer that you are using for your system images should you become infected, as that will be as well.

Offline utbas1953

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 08:55:21 AM »
Hello Boggin, I have bought EaseUS Backup To Do Home 10.6. I thought it had to be connected to carry out auto backups. Would you say if it is possible to do manual Image backups then do so and disconnect the external HDD after each session. Thanks.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2017, 09:14:22 AM »
I use Macrium Reflect Free and manually create system images on my Win 10 machines and just Windows own Create a system image on my Win 7 one.

File back ups as well as system images are manual with Macrium..

I don't know if EasUs does auto back ups but once you have whichever back up then you should disconnect the drive to keep those safe.

Offline utbas1953

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2017, 09:26:54 AM »
Okay, thanks

Offline utbas1953

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2017, 01:18:52 PM »
Hello Boggin, I have not yet given my son the Lenovo laptop as I have been setting up and copying the free files from it to install on the new ASUS laptop. Yesterday the 12th whilst installing the files there were 3 W10 updates available so I stopped to check on them installing on my wife's desktop, my desktop and the new laptop. I then continued with the install of the free programs.  Of course, as the Lenovo W10 Broker.exe and SystemSettings files were not active there was no indication of the latest updates being installed. Today, whilst continuing to install the free programs and nearly finishing them I listed the bought programs on the Lenovo in readiness to install those also. I had the Lenovo on during today and noticed there was a Notification saying click to see information about installed updates. There has been no such Notifications since the install of the Fall Creator update on the 19th of October even though the Lenovo has been on every day since. The once ghosted icons on the Notification panel were now active and I was able to check what updates had been installed and they were the same three installed yesterday on the other computers but these were installed today.  I powered down and Started up again three times and everything is back to normal. I also checked for the appcrashes that were part and parcel of the problem but all is clear. I can only put it down to the cumulative KB40534517 update installing data which rectified the problem. I shall now keep the Lenovo and give my son the new ASUS laptop as it stands as it will save me uninstalling all the bought programs on the Lenovo and installing them on the ASUS. I only hope his Christmas present to me involves more than a of pair of socks.  :thinking:       

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2017, 03:31:11 PM »
That update also seems to have resolved errors involving the WAS service not starting on this laptop because of invalid data, but seems to have produced one involving the printer on another laptop - swings and roundabouts :)

I usually get a pack of 6 socks and some sweets :D

Anyway, glad to see that your Lenovo is back up and running as it should be.

Offline utbas1953

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2017, 03:42:02 PM »
Hi Boggin, should I now add resolve to this issue.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2017, 03:58:42 PM »
Yes, just add [SOLVED] to the thread title.

Offline utbas1953

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2017, 03:31:25 PM »
Boggin, I have forgotten how to add RESOLVE................. :confused:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2017, 03:43:18 PM »
You go to your first post and click on Modify where you can add [SOLVED] to the thread title.

Offline utbas1953

• View Profile
Re: SOLVED Runtime Broker.exe App error
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2017, 05:16:11 PM »
Thanks Boggin, easy when one knows how!

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SOLVED Runtime Broker.exe App error
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2017, 02:16:06 AM »
I had to ask for a reminder myself not long after joining the forum :D