Author Topic: REQUEST : restore boot files when Win- Vista will not start  (Read 7526 times)

Offline Starry

• View Profile
REQUEST : restore boot files when Win- Vista will not start
« on: January 06, 2013, 03:47:20 PM »
Hi! 
Tweaking  is a Great program!
I have been struggling with trying to fix my win-vista home computer. The machine will NOT START independently! The only way it will start or go online is with safe mode + Networking. I have researched this problem for past 2-3 weeks, No Luck! This has happened before but the rescue disk always corrected the problem, NOT NOW. I have downloaded "restore or recover file" programs only to be hit with the disclaimer that you can only repair a ridiculously minimal amount of files and am prompt to go to their website to buy the full version of their product. OH Lord! I "Hate" when software companies call their programs "Free" then screw you over like that. :teeth:

If there could be an add-on on to restore boots files, or diagnose why the computer cannot start on its own,  it would be  a day in Heaven for me. "Help!" :confused:
Thanks-
Starry  :wink:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 03:49:37 PM by Starry »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
    • Tweaking.com
Re: REQUEST : restore boot files when Win- Vista will not start
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 10:48:45 AM »
That would be a hard add on to do lol.

But I would focus on why your having this trouble to start with. This is NOT normal for a system to do that. Which means there is a reason why it is happening.

If you like I am more than happy to dig in with you and try to find the cause. Fix the cause and the problem goes away :-)

Just start a new thread in the computer help section and we can start, up to you  :wink:

Shane
PLEASE EDIT YOUR TOPIC AND PUT (SOLVED) IF YOU ARE ALL FIXED.

(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

Offline zx83

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 08:22:55 PM »
Provide error message if any...maybe you can run a repair if you have your oem vista software.

Offline acclude

• Destructionator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 04:26:43 PM »
I don't get how the advanced system tweaker would be of value for this issue as you have to be able to boot into the OS successfully and run the system tweaker, which appears is not an option for you. As Shane said, you have other issues beyond the capabilities of this app so fix that problem before trying to do stuff with the system tweaker first.
I'm new to Tweaking.com but very experienced with computers and networks since the early 90's.

Offline Starry

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 03:15:43 PM »
RESOLVED- it was a corrupted permissions issue that tweaking corrected when I got into safe mode THANKS!