Author Topic: FEATURE REQUEST/BUG: Advanced System Tweaker - 1 Tweak/Session  (Read 2789 times)

Offline acclude

• Destructionator
    • View Profile
I think it was setup intentionally since it says "Only applies one tweak at a time" if you hover over the "Apply/Run Selected Item" button but thought I'd mention it.

I noticed that the tweak.reg file created gets generated from scratch after you hit "Apply/Run Selected Item." So currently the Advanced System Tweaker only applies one tweak at a time, and only the last tweak applied during your tweaking session. Add in the rebooting to apply each change and that makes it rather time consuming and a PITA. I think it would be better to append the file with all of the tweaks that you apply during your tweaking session and reboot once per tweaking session.

Just wanted to point this one out and request it as a feature as I haven't seen it mentioned yet.
I'm new to Tweaking.com but very experienced with computers and networks since the early 90's.

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
    • Tweaking.com
Re: FEATURE REQUEST/BUG: Advanced System Tweaker - 1 Tweak/Session
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 03:47:05 PM »
True.

Right now the program takes the data out of the tweak file and puts them out to their bat, reg and vbs files as the tweak needs. Then runs them.

I would have to play with it and see if I can come up with a way for it to remember each tweak the user wants, then when they click apply it would then write out each tweak as normal to different files then simply run in file as needed.

Would save a lot of time for users. I just have to think of the best way to do it in the program so that none of the other tweaks get in the way of another.

Shane
PLEASE EDIT YOUR TOPIC AND PUT (SOLVED) IF YOU ARE ALL FIXED.

(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
    • Tweaking.com
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 12:12:19 AM »
I decided to work on it tonight :-)

And I made v2.0.0 I would like you to test it for the rest of the week and come Sunday, if you give the go ahead from testing I will release it :-)

http://www.tweaking.com/files/setups/test/tweaking.com_advanced_system_tweaker_setup.exe

What I have it do is when you click add selected item it writes the selected tweak to a folder in the temp folder called tweaks_to_run, but it doesnt run the tweak yet. Each file will be named by the tweak name. Once you have the tweaks selected the 2. Apply tweaks will then make a _Apply_tweaks.bat file and run each bat file from all the selected tweaks in the folder.  :artist:

It was the best way I could come up with without having to rewrite everything lol

Let me know what you think. :wink:

Shane
PLEASE EDIT YOUR TOPIC AND PUT (SOLVED) IF YOU ARE ALL FIXED.

(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

Offline acclude

• Destructionator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 02:45:12 AM »
Installed and testing now  :smiley:
I'm new to Tweaking.com but very experienced with computers and networks since the early 90's.