Author Topic: I could not use hp deskjet 3900 in windows 7  (Read 10932 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
I could not use hp deskjet 3900 in windows 7
« on: April 10, 2013, 11:21:39 pm »
Hi, After upgrading to the windows7, where all the drivers had automatically gets updated, the hp deskjet printer driver showed exclamation. I tried solutions thro, online help from HP. But there is no driver available for this printer in their website. REpeated calls to cust. care have also proved to be in vain. When i disconnected the usb and reinsert and try to install the driver, thro usb port, by msoft automatically, i did get 2 drivers installed and i could take a print out (Test Printout). But the device is not printing correctly. Any solution, shane
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 11:43:15 pm by jraju »
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: I could not use hp deskjet 3900 in windows 7
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 01:21:39 pm »
That printer is from 2005. You have some old hardware :-)

This is all hp has on that model for Windows 7

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01874792&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&product=445443&sw_lang=

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 06:25:54 pm »
Hi,    I tried all the things including windows updates. One of the window updates did installed the drivers to this printer But when i try to print say about 10 pages, first 2 pages print and then stops in the middle, not showing the paper jam dialog box also. I attach the driver details of hp drivers installed by the windows updates. When i try to service the device, like alignment, test print etc. it does nothing, but shows that a file is missing or corrupt to continue.
           The printer price when i bought it is around Rs.1500 but the cartridge price is more in hp. i have to frequently change the cartridge. So, would you suggest a good printer, like your choice mpc player, which could support all windows .

I tried to change the compatibility in the program also but it also fails. I have not tried hard ware repairs since it is printing.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 06:29:49 pm »
That print is just to old. It is time to get yourself a new one :-)

The trick is to know what kind of printer to get. Laser Or ink jet. Your current is ink jet.

A black ink jet cartridge normally gets 250 to 350 pages before it has to be replaced and normally cost $30 to $60. A black laser toner cost $80 and gets 3000 to 5000 pages.

Laser jets are far better money wise. SO if all you need is black and white go with a laserjet. If you have to have color they do make color laser jets but they cost a lot.

I myself use laser only as I have no need to print color. And so I have to replace my toner for it maybe once a year :-)

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 06:38:49 pm »
Hi, Thank you for your express reply. But suggest some name for the laser printer supports all windows. Hp is disgusting . I am totally fed up with their products.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 06:42:36 pm »
They just dont make drivers for such old printers. My laserjet is an HP. I find their lasers to be way better than their inkjets.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828415535

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 11:00:38 pm »
Hi, Shane.  I enquired about your model and asked to wait for its arrival in a couple of days, i surfed for solution in the net. I found the solution.Windows updates automatically updates the 2 files , printer and usb port support file to your system. But since i tried to run thro the cd before knowing this , there was automatically loaded file folder created in the spool directory in windows default folder , ie system 32., in the aborted process . There i deleted the contents of the w32x86 folder, but not the folder. The spool folder is located in windows\system 32 folder.Once that is done, I deleted the printer device properly and rebooted the system. Then went to the printer and faxes folder , click add printer and allowed windows to automatically find the updates. Then the problem solved. If it is first installation of printer, then TITO's would have solved the problem long back.

the link for total uninstall and all
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Software-Drivers-e-g-Windows-8/Unable-to-install-HP8500-drivers/m-p/251037#M11640