Author Topic: Amazing program, some fixes and maybe errors  (Read 6345 times)

Offline BallyIrish

• View Profile
Amazing program, some fixes and maybe errors
« on: April 27, 2013, 02:37:42 pm »
Ho there Tweaking.com.   
Thank you for the incredible Windows Repair (All in One). ex MajorGeeks,   
Today I used it for the first time on my Windows 7 Pro and XP Home SP3. 
After repairs: Windows 7:- 3 notifications on restart:- "Personalized Settings, Setting Up up for C:\Windows\system32\Rundll32.exe; C:\Windows\system32\mscories.dll.install - also RunDLL32...." -  (the message disappeared before I could write the third one down fully.   Whilst installing any program, I request a desktop icon and always got a small black square.   The correct icon appeared when the black square was placed in my dock or menu.   The scan with Windows Repair FIXED that problem!   No more black square.   
A lot of repairs were logged.   The three notifications reinstalled themselves whilst restarting.   
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33 GHz; 4 GB Dual Channel DDR 3 RAM @ 666 MHz (9-9-9-24) Yorkfield 45 nm Technology; 500 GB HDD.   Being 76 I don't understand the log contents.

Scanning XP Home SP3 produced no problems. A lot of repairs were logged, but my two every day errors (which started recently) were not fixed: the window always opens two inches from the left side and has to be adjusted back to Default/Apply (Intel Graphics) and bootup takes forever with the screen black, then the wallpaper appears and another 3 minutes while all the hidden programs and my 6 self starters come to life.   From then on the old XP runs fast and true (Core 2 Duo), 2 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD.   These two problems were not fixed.

I,ll send you a donation in a few days.  Thank you.   Please keep working on this extraordinary program!

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing program, some fixes and maybe errors
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 03:56:56 pm »
Post a new thread on those problems and I can see what I can do :-)

First thing to do is to uninstall your AV and see how it does. I have had multiple customer machines that where down to a crawl and it was because something went haywire with their AV. And not just anyone AV, multiple different ones I have seen this with.

Shane

Offline BallyIrish

• View Profile
Re: Amazing program, some fixes and maybe errors
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 05:42:59 am »
Thank you Shane, er uh Dog.   

Yesterday to enhance my old XP Home I instaled XLive Windows 7 Ultimate Transformation Pack, which fixed the problem of the off-centre login.   So that problem is solved..   

As for the slow bootup, that is also fixed, and bootup takes about 20 tp 30 seconds.   So we can regard everything as settled and this matter as closed.   

I am very taken with your program and know that many errors were fixed, but I cannot say which errors.   My Windows 7 Pro and XP Home are now both very fast.   Windows Repair (all in one) is no doubt a unique and excellent program.

By the way, I did disable my AV on both machines before proceeding.

Thank you for the reply and  for fixing my PCs!