Author Topic: I'm back...  (Read 5999 times)

Offline Rob Himself

• View Profile
I'm back...
« on: January 25, 2012, 08:12:45 am »
 :cheesy: Hello Shane. Remember me? He of the wickedly corrupt registry?Nothing was working and I couldn't find that install disk?
I'm back (about 98% back) I'll try to put this in a nutshell:
  - The inevitable happened; BSOD after BSOD, finally windows said it couldn't start because of corrupt reg.
  - I found my frickin' reinstall disk. Trying to be clever-well, it worked, 'cause I couldn't find the thing! Found it.
  - After a couple tries was able to install windows on a different drive (D: drive) but now I'm confused because this wasn't like doing repair install on XP. D drive is much smaller than C.
  - I tried to install on C but "it" wouldn't let me. Only option was D.
  - Is the corrupt registry and all the other "bad" stuff just being preserved on C drive?
  Other things:
   -Great stuff with Repair aio and Advanced system tweaker. It is evolving and getting better! Keep it up.
  - I do have a suggestion: In Repair All In One, when it's repairing system restore, does it get rid of the old restore points? Because if infection happens or whatever, it seems crazy to keep those settings in restore only to unleash it again,unknowingly. That's it. Not really a suggestion but question. I saw it in another program where all restore points get released.
   One last thing: Nice move putting in ERUNT! :smiley:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: I'm back...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 12:09:09 pm »
I will be adding erunt to the windows repair soon as well :-)

When you went to install Windows (If vista or 7) you should have choose drive c , but do not format. It will say windows is already on there and move everything to Windows.old folder.

That would be a lot better way of doing it :wink:

Shane