Author Topic: windows xp sound problem  (Read 7489 times)

Offline v60i

• View Profile
windows xp sound problem
« on: August 19, 2013, 05:47:24 pm »
at  evening my winxp fine, I run JDownloader to download files and automatic shutdown. Her next morning when watching youtube I can not hear sound from youtube. Likewise with other sites. But strangely, when I play music and movie files offline and the sound could be heard fine. Welcome sound of windows and some other sound when being lost. I've tried all the suggestions are like reinstall sound drivers, checking service, Etc. checks, virus checks, and run windows as well tweaking did not help. On the control panel - sound and audio service-program event sound, I could not hit the play button. Wav file but its weird there. When I checked and played with winamp could be heard.
At the sound part of the Internet option enabled but I also have not helped.
is there any solution besides reinstall windows again? This possible new macro viruses that disable sound. Maybe you could add this in vitur  upcoming upgrade.

I thank you for all the help and advice

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: windows xp sound problem
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 12:25:37 pm »
So sound works, such as winamp, but windows sounds are not working (Possible the wav files are missing)

I see the realtek sound icon in your system tray, if you open that and do a sound test can you hear it?

I had a customer with a problem like this, turns out the realtek had the wrong jack set as the default.

Shane

Offline v60i

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 05:54:52 pm »
Thank you for you repay shane

I've checked the settings everything is fine. I've done the test and heard his voice. I play songs and movie files audible voice, and fine. Even when I run the game sounds come out. But when I watch the movie online youtube etc and sounds become muted. Windows default sound mute everything. Lol ... I'm dizzy

i will try to uninstall flash update, and reinstall the older ver. i hope this it wll work

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 11:30:35 am »
I have to admit, this is the first time I have seen this problem.

With my customers if the sound doesn't work it is normally all sounds, not just some.

Do me a fav. Go to the device manager.

Then go to view and click on show hidden devices, this will show all hard ware ever on the system.

Then go to the sound hardware, expand it and grab a screen shot for me.

I am wondering if there is something left over or something changed to where windows thinks there is more than one sound card and some things are trying to play through the phantom sound card.

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 04:45:36 am »
Hi, Shane,

Probably this may fix the threader's problem. But i want to see the solution in the link, because, i am not an expert in registry.If it fixes the problem, and if you find there are no trojans or indirect hacks, then i would request you to recommend this fix, an instant fix at that. Pl
http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-22335-no-sound-on-internet
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 02:42:59 pm »
That might help and does actually give me an idea to what is happening.

Winamp and such play sound directly to the sound card, it doesnt go through windows it works right with the driver.

Other things though, such as IE and windows sounds go though Windows to play the sounds, and if the regkeys for those are missing that would explain it.

It isnt a driver problem but a Windows Audio problem. Good find, I would like to see if that gets him working, if it does I should add it to the Windows repair :-)

Shane