Author Topic: VPN gets mangled after window repair  (Read 8430 times)

Offline modd77

• View Profile
VPN gets mangled after window repair
« on: February 01, 2012, 05:26:27 am »
Hi guys, let me start by saying I love this tool. But as I found out yesterday when I ran the tool on my wife's computer, it destroyed her VPN. Normally not a problem, I've run it on quite literally dozens of machines thus far with only positive results. But I'm in the doghouse on this one. Her VPN is to the state of Fl. A 2 hour phone call to the state support resulted in a reinstall of the VPN and a new certificate being issued....So, what did I do... You guessed it...I ran it again. Another call today should fix it again. Just curious as to why this would happen. Before this, I had no trepidation in running your software, but after a couple tongue lashings, I'm extremely hesitant to run it on any one who relies on a VPN for any reason. Any thoughts?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: VPN gets mangled after window repair
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 07:53:19 am »
I have no clue why any of the repairs would mess with a VPN.

But I want to find out.

But in order to find out which repair is doing it so I can do something about it I have to ask a big favor. :-D

If your up to it. I need you to do 1 repair at a time, reboot and test the VPN. You can imagine this is no small task. While it wont be hard it will take some time.

The goal is to pinpoint which repair is causing the trouble.

From there me and you can go over what that repair in question is doing and how I might find a way to keep the repair from messing with the VPN :wink:

You up for it?

Shane

Offline modd77

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 12:37:00 pm »
I'm in brother. She needs to work the rest of the week, so I'm going to let it marinate until Saturday. I'm happy to help in any way I can, as I respect, and appreciate what you are doing. Your tool has saved me numerous times, and it is a integral part of my "toolbox". Anyone that hasn't used it...SHOULD. I'll have an answer for you as to what repair is causing it by Monday.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 04:46:26 pm »
Great  :cheesy:

Make sure to reboot after each repair one by one. So you might be rebooting up to 21 times lol. Let me know what the last repair you ran was when the VPN stops working :wink:

Shane