Author Topic: Jumping Cursor  (Read 10918 times)

Offline mamamindy

• View Profile
Jumping Cursor
« on: February 11, 2012, 12:22:46 pm »
I have a problem with my cursor jumping all over the place when I type. When typing a document or e-mail all of a sudden the cursor moves to a different place than where I was typing. In an e-mail, the cursor may jump to the subject line. I don't know if the Windows Repair (All in One) can fix this. I'm writing as I don't know which repair option this might fall under in your list of 21. Any ideas?
This only happens when I am typing. If the mouse is not moving the cursor doesn't move at all. I don't know if the touchpad is ultra sensitive. In January I wiped my computer to put on Windows 7. I had Vista on my Dell when purchased. I was given a Windows 7 upgrade, but was not able to upgrade from Vista. Ultimately had to wipe the computer to put on Windows 7. This is when I started noticing the problem with the jumping cursor. I have looked in forums and in microsoft and can't seem to come up with a fix. When I saw your program on Raymond.cc I thought it may help repair the situation, but as I said I'm not sure how to use your program for my issue.
Thanks again for any help you may have.
Mindy Rosow

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Jumping Cursor
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 12:25:55 pm »
I don't think any of the repair will help that. But I think we can still get it fixed :-)

First thing to try is to see if it is the touchpad. You should have a way to turn it off. (A button or something right next to it) Once off try typing and see if it still does it.

Lets see what it does and go from there :wink:

Shane

Offline mamamindy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 12:57:24 pm »
I don't have any button/switch to turn off touchpad. I went to device manager and there is nothing for touchpad. I found a program TouchpadPal 1.3 that is supposed to disable the touchpad when it detects any keyboard activity. I went to download it and my AVG wasn't happy. I'll back up my entire computer and then try install the above program. I'll let you know what happens.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 05:35:33 pm »
Let me know how it goes :-)

Shane

Offline mamamindy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 09:09:21 am »
Sorry sent reply to e-mail in error...installing the touchpad blocker program seems to have fixed the problem...thanks for your help!

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 12:00:18 pm »
Good to here you got it fixed :-)

Shane