Author Topic: Tweaking.com - Windows Repair & problem with window 7?  (Read 6047 times)

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
Tweaking.com - Windows Repair & problem with window 7?
« on: December 25, 2013, 12:46:41 pm »
I have a problem with the program! I've run every repair on Windows 7 (this was the first time I use your software on the system 7) and then restart the machine and get a fake copy of Windows? Your program may delete the license key for my windows? It was a Genuine Windows.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 12:49:05 pm by G-hot »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Tweaking.com - Windows Repair & problem with window 7?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 07:01:20 pm »
Nothing in the program touches anything to do with the key or activation in Windows.

I have had 10 people report this and all of them where using a activation hack (Some didnt even know they had a crack because a shop did it for them) and what happened was the crack modified the host file so the system couldn't talk to the MS activation servers. My repair host file would have put the host file back to the default and so Windows was able to talk tot he activation servers.

A copy of the host file is still on the system and you can see if it did have anything in it for MS. My repair tool keeps a copy of the host file in the same folder, just gives it another name, just in case a user needs to put it back.

Shane