Author Topic: Access Denied messages when running Windows Repair (including the newest version  (Read 9697 times)

Offline Michael

• View Profile
Hey Shane, again I want to thank you for all the hard work you do. It is VERY much appreciated!
I have noticed, for several versions of Windows Repair, including the newest version, when I take the time to watch the processes as I run the Repair part of the program, a lot of Access Denied messages when doing the Registry Repair section. Do I need to run Regedit with Admin privileges and change the permissions of all the registry keys to avoid seeing these messages? I am running Win7 x64. I do have Norton 360 and Malwarebytes running at the same time, could this be the issue? I also use a little prog called MJ RegWatcher which alerts me to any registry changes (the prog is great!) but disable it before even starting Windows Repair. Or, perhaps this is normal?
Many thanks! Michael Corwin

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
How many errors are you talking? (Screenshot maybe?)

You will get some errors. But it is always a good idea to disable your norton first. It has been known to get in the way of a lot of programs, so a program like mine that is doing so much I could see norton flipping out about :-)

Shane

Offline Michael

• View Profile
Thanks Shane. I will disable both Norton and Malwarebytes. Will Windows Repair run in Windows Safe Mode? May even try that. As far as the screen shots are concerned, the info scrolls by so fast that that would be very difficult!

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Dont worry about those errors that scroll by.

The windows repair doesn't run properly in safe mode either :wink:

Shane