Author Topic: Camera is not being found  (Read 46712 times)

Offline Heatz123

• View Profile
Re: Camera is not being found
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2014, 10:54:27 am »
This is all that exists in the folder: See photo. Also, i then went to services and there is no HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CONTROLSET001\SERVICES\LVMVDRV folder in there.

Mike..

Offline Heatz123

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2014, 11:01:13 am »
Thomas: That file was in 1FC6 folder the one in instructions given is 1FC1 folder as seen in the photo i just uploaded :)

Offline Heatz123

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2014, 11:08:14 am »
Ok Shane. Should i remove the LVUSB64 ? Also in there is upper filter just as seen in the photo Thomas was referring to.

Offline Tomas_Sweden

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2014, 11:22:35 am »
But I think Shane also refers to "1FC6" folder not "1FC1"!   :)

Tomas
Dell Laptop XPS L501X Intel i5-560M(2.66GHz), Win 7 Home Prem(SP1) 64 Bit, 4 GB RAM. Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256 GB.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2014, 11:23:11 am »
Wrong folder regkey bud :-)

You showed 6BDD1FC1 it should be 6BDD1FC6

The "6" :-)

So the folder is just a few below the one you posted.

Shane

Offline Heatz123

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2014, 11:25:50 am »
Yes, i see it is the wrong folder , but in the instructions posted, that was the folder i was pointed to first :)

Ok, where do i export the LVUSB64 to ? And that is the only Lower filter in there. If you need a screenshot i can do that.

Mike..

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2014, 11:28:28 am »
Right click on the reg folder and choose export and save it before you remove it. Just make sure it is in the folder I showed :-)

Also backup the 6BDD1FC6 folder and then remove all the sub folders from it as well.

Shane

Offline Heatz123

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2014, 11:33:54 am »
There is no "Backup" ability . All i have in "File" at the top of the reg Edit is Export and when i click, it opens to the location of System 32 with a list of folders. I could save it to documents. I have no idea if i am exporting the whole folder or just the Upper filter here. I need to know exactly what i am doing in detail   :thinking:

Mike..

Offline Heatz123

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2014, 11:35:48 am »
Do i export into DRVSTORE folder ?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2014, 11:38:20 am »
Export is backing it up. Export it, save to a location you can find easily and name it anything you like so you know what it is :-)

Shane

Offline Heatz123

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2014, 11:49:05 am »
Ok. Done. Backed it up to desktop. Deleted that entry. What about others in there? See photo :)

I believe the ksthunk entry is related to the cam, too..

Mike..
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 11:50:39 am by Heatz123 »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2014, 11:53:52 am »
Expand that folder so I can see if you got rid of the sub folders. Also check my screen shot in the last few posts on what should be in the screen you just posted :-)

Shane

Offline Tomas_Sweden

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2014, 12:01:05 pm »
Feels like I confuse more than I'm helping with my posts, but is there 3 different 6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F regkey folders?
One in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ ControlSet001....", "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CONTROLSET002...." and "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet...."?

Tomas
Dell Laptop XPS L501X Intel i5-560M(2.66GHz), Win 7 Home Prem(SP1) 64 Bit, 4 GB RAM. Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256 GB.

Offline Heatz123

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2014, 12:02:23 pm »
Sorry, i forgot to expand that. As you see, they are just numbered folders, but they are all quite full of stuff   :thinking:

Offline Heatz123

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2014, 12:04:23 pm »
That is ok Thomas. Help is help :) I am not sure. All i have is what you see in the photos i uploaded. There may be others but in that location there is only 1 to 5.

Mike...

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2014, 12:04:53 pm »
Hp scanner and such, ok dont delete them all, instead check each folder and ANY that have any information about any type of webcam I want you to remove :-)

Shane

Offline Heatz123

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2014, 12:08:14 pm »
In 6 - check it out :) I see some stuff there. Quite a lot actually.

Mike..

Offline Heatz123

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2014, 12:15:59 pm »
And look at number 5!!! WHY is there logitech in here? I have never had one on this system ever. This is way too much to delete. I have no idea what i am and am not to delete here. The other foders are all as you see in the photo i posted prior to this one. All Microsoft. No changes between them. They are all the same. I assume each one is from each USB port i installed the Micro soft into.

Be easier to just delete everything   :evil:

Mike

Offline Heatz123

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2014, 12:37:13 pm »

""Feels like I confuse more than I'm helping with my posts, but is there 3 different 6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F regkey folders?
One in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ ControlSet001....", "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CONTROLSET002...." and "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet...."? ""

Yes, Thomas. There are. Why do you ask? Don't say i have to delete everything there, too :)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 12:39:00 pm by Heatz123 »

Offline Tomas_Sweden

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2014, 12:39:55 am »
Like Shane wrote and quoted in reply # 21:
http://www.tweaking.com/forums/index.php/topic,1838.msg11789.html#msg11789

Note You might not find all the following subkeys or entries in steps 7 to 12. However, you should find at least one.
In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following subkey:   
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CONTROLSET001\CONTROL\CLASS\6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F   
If the right side contains Lower filters: lvmvdrv, right-click this entry, and then click Delete.   
In Registry Editor, locate and then delete the following subkey:   
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CONTROLSET001\SERVICES\LVMVDRV   
Locate and then click the following subkey:   
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSYTEM\CONTROLSET003\CONTROL\CLASS\6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F   
If the right side contains Lower filters: lvmvdrv, right-click this entry, and then click Delete.   
Locate and then delete the following subkey:   
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CONTROLSET003\SERVICES\LVMVDRV   
Locate and then click the following subkey:   
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CLASS\6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F   
Locate and then delete the following subkey:   
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\LVMVDRV   
On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.    Open Device Manager.       
In Windows Vista, click Start        the Start button        , type devmgmt.msc in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.       
User Account Control permission        If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.       
In Windows XP, click Start, click Run, type devmgmt.msc in the Open box, and then click OK.
In Device Manager, expand Imaging Devices, right-click Microsoft LifeCam, and then click Uninstall.   
On the Action menu, click Scan for hardware changes. If you are prompted to update the drivers, click Yes.

I want to delete the Lower filters subkeys.

Just like with a cd drive, if there is a driver listed in the upper or lower filters that isnt on Windows any more the drive wont even show up or it wont burn. By cleaning up the filters regkeys and rebooting the cd drives work like they should. I have a feeling the webcam might be the same way.

But there you see that there is 3 different "6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F" reg key folders.
I don't know about your registry but I don't have CONTROLSET003 I have CONTROLSET002 instead?

I don't know if you have to delete the suggested reg key in all 3 of them.

Tomas

Offline Heatz123

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2014, 02:26:20 am »
Thomas: Me neither . And furthermore, if you look in the last few photos i uploaded , there are all sort of Camera registries, even ones referring to logitech which has NEVER been one this pc ever. 0000 to 0003 are all microsoft VX that i only just bougtht and installed. 00004 is HM printer. 5,7 and 8 are mirrosoft and are all clones of the others while 7 is the Logitech. But deleting files with USB or camera in their string does not mean i am removing the bad file /s . It could be one of the others. And what about the Kernal streaming Reg file "ksthunk"

Personally, i do not feel this in a registry file directly linked to the camera in that way. I believe it is one of the others used in the process.

After deleting those last night, my PC went ape shi** and i could not get procaster to pick up audio from the mixer software at alll, to the point it was freezing up and crashing and i have NEVER during 5 or more years had this happen with any PC. One of the drivers which is an AISO driver i selected was playing the music all crunched and grainy and messed up andi have re imported the registry back. I am not messing about in there now unless someone knows an exact file /s i should delete and importantly, what i should NOT delete and the exact location.

I would run my Windows dvd and select repair but i don't think that will fix the registry (If the fault is there) because it leave programs intact and it would hardly wipe the whole OS as nothing installed would work any more.

The registry is a mess. There are folders for Many Cam Pro which i no longer have on the PC. And the LVUSB64 is also located in services with it's own folder as well as ksthunk, too so deleting it from control01 is a waste of time. I am sure there are other reg files in other places that are linked to the issue. It could go on forever.

Mike..

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2014, 11:32:27 am »
Yeah the problem is in the registry, and tracing it down is always the hard part.

Always good to do a backup before hand lol In fact grab my registry backup program and make a current backup so you have it.

A repair Windows install may not fix it as it normally carries over driver info and regkeys for them. Only a fresh install would fix you up, but then you have all the programs and such to reinstall. SO a fresh install is the absolute last resort.

I wouldnt mind using teamviewer and working with you and letting me see if I can trace it down. To be honest I would like to find a fix because I think it would be great to have in the windows repair like I do the cd/dvd drive repair.

Shane

Offline Heatz123

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2014, 03:21:36 pm »
Hi Shane. Thank you for the further reply :)

Yes, i can understand Windows the repair issue. It will not fix any damaged software , too and i think my latest problem with the audio not being picked up by Procaster shows the level of corruption in my system. The WASAPI Shared drivers are all i can usually use to get the DJ mixing software to communicate with Procaster and they are now causing Traktor Pro 2 (DJ Mixer) to lock up. WASAPI Driver is a shared AISO driver that is threaded as opposed to a single driver so it can be used for almost anything to link audio streams between various different apps, thus is would find it's way into the registry and become associated with Webcam Audio. Strangely, Procaster has my Webcam Audio listed and i can pick up sound from it by selecting it. So the Audio aspect is connecting and working.

Ok,, Team viewer it is. I have not long got home after a night at the theatre (I am sound engineer) and have a lot to do before bed. I am free during early evening tomorrow onwards. This is about 4pm UK time onwards. Let me know that or a later time to this is good for you and roughly when and we can set it up. I will have to re install TV 8 as i deleted almost everything associated with cameras as an attempted resolve :)

I foresee a long dark tunnel ahead   :confused:

Hope we can do this   :cheesy:

Thanks and have a great evening .
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 03:23:53 pm by Heatz123 »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2014, 04:41:54 pm »
We may have to play it by ear, I am in Oregon so our times are a little off lol.

My email is shane at tweaking.com

Get a hold of me there and we can try to find a time we are both on :-)

Shane

Offline Heatz123

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2014, 07:11:46 am »
Done :)