Author Topic: Bootable All in One  (Read 5677 times)

Offline patwwjd

• View Profile
Bootable All in One
« on: March 24, 2014, 11:54:42 am »
This is my first post on this site and wondered if anyone can tell me if I can use the "All in One" program from a bootable CD/DVD to repair my hard drive. My hard drive has been killed by Zbot and can no longer access the drive. The bios screen still sees it installed.
I did try to reinstall from the XPPro install disk, but there is not an option for repairing. Only option from normal install is R for recover. I did copy the NTLDR file and one other that I cannot remember right now. When I try to boot I still get the NTLDR file is missing.
I had used this "All in One" once before and with a few issues it really did a great job. It seems like it messed up my wireless or outlook settings, but I still give it very high praises.
I do have a cloned disk, but cannot get the CD that was created by the clone program to boot up.
Can anyone help me? I really do not want to format the drive.
Thanks

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Bootable All in One
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 12:21:00 pm »
The program has to be ran in Windows, because of all the registering files and reg settings and such. When you register a file Windows auto writes its information to the registry, thats why the program has to be ran in Windows. :wink:

Shane