Author Topic: (Solved)Can i have moving gif files as my desktop with the current video card  (Read 7437 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi,   I was having intel chip graphic drivers for xp. Now i changed my os to windows 7 which does not support 3d. Any how i have installed manually the graphic driver for my product from intel.com.
                My question is will aero work for me. With this driver the 3d is enabled and some accelaration is enabled.
                      Can i change to wddm driver, which supports aero. How much it costs in Rupees (India). Should i need to change any thing other than this video card for my sistem if i have to have moving pictures or theme as my desk top ground. Or atleast as screen saver for windows 7
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 10:38:06 pm by jraju »
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
It depends on if the graphics card can handle it to being with.

Older cards cant. While newer drivers can sometimes make it work it is still limited to the card itself and if it supports it. Most that where made for xp and are simple motherboard cards like the intel wont work.

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, What is meant by mother board cards. Is it integrated with the mother board. I have intel mother board. So, i cannot change the video card without changing the mother board and processor, whose supplier is intel. Please say the present card supports 3d atleast. Can i have wall papers having 3d effects to be stored as desk top back ground.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 09:50:17 pm by jraju »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Right, I mean the fact that the video is part of the motherboard. Normally they are very low end graphics and only powerful enough to handle normal use. Thats why a lot of the old motherboard graphics cant handle aero.

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Thanks for the answer.
I could do the thing with Bionex wall paper changer. This works with animated gif, but the problem is this takes much of cpu about 60 to 80% while running. Not only that , it takes tiles default of the windows  and shows about 10 to 12 pictures of animated things and so the cpu usage is 100%. Now i know why this has been disabled in window7 with lower end graphic cards. i could not uninstall the bionex from pc, as it shows uninstall failed message. Now i am having he system restore problem error 0x0000022 error. So, it seems that every commercial program is not safe to download. I will try to repair sfc /scannow and if i could not , raise a thread at your forum. Thank you.
                   Some dream scene activator by windows works, but it only shows the anmated gif as image in windows 7. As you say probably, i have to change the video card. I will do it when i change the whole system. Thanks.
                   Hi, shane, when i add solved it does not accept, because it exceeds the topic words limit.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 11:58:35 pm by jraju »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi, shane, when i add solved it does not accept, because it exceeds the topic words limit.

Just remove a word then :-)

Shane