Author Topic: Picture Print error from Windows 7 picture viewer SOLVED  (Read 24764 times)

Offline cat3vet

• View Profile
Picture Print error from Windows 7 picture viewer SOLVED
« on: July 10, 2014, 05:01:34 pm »
Hi,  here is a screen shot of error message. Win 7 pro 64 bit, 16 gig memory. I made the mistake of changing dpi setting to 4000. Maybe there is a registry entry to fix this, or corrupt file, which file checker can't find. I've run sfc, no problem found.

Help. Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 05:21:21 pm by cat3vet »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Picture Print error from Windows 7 picture viewer
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 02:23:14 pm »
Possible that is the problem, a to of programs have never been ran at that high of a DPI.

I found this
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ff629368.aspx

Be aware, though, that if you choose a setting higher than 200 percent, UI elements and text may be scaled so large that you cannot work with the computer. You may even be unable to get back into Control Panel to restore the original scaling setting. If you have a scaling issue, enter dpiscaling at a command prompt or in the Search box on the Start menu. This will open the Display page directly, allowing you to then reset the scaling setting.

If you’ve enabled scaling and the text in an application is blurred or unreadable, you may want to disable display scaling for that particular application. To do this, right-click the application’s shortcut and then click Properties. On the Compatibility tab, select Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings, and then click OK.

But if you are talking about DPI of the print out then you can see the DPI option right at the top of the Windows, a 4000 DPI print out would be freaking huge, 600 DPi is normally perfect for it or even 1200 DPI if supported. but anything higher that that will be wasteful since the files will be huge and not look any different since the screen wont draw it at 4000 DPI.

So right at the top, before you print you can lower the DPI.

Sorry wasnt sure which DPI setting you where talking about so I answered both lol

Shane

Offline cat3vet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 07:51:33 am »
Thanks for looking. This happens when I click the print option from the toolbar. There is no way to change the dpi, it immediately starts error messages. Must then use Task Manager to end print pictures application.  So I'm looking for a registry setting to change, or an ini file, or maybe copying the program and related files from another win 7 machine I have, just don't know the file names.
Thanks.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 12:37:20 pm »
Just go to printers and devices, right click on the adobe pdf printer and click on printer preferences, and in there is where you can change the DPI setting it is set at :wink:

Shane

Offline cat3vet

• View Profile
Re: Picture Print error from Windows 7 picture viewer SOLVED
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 05:21:41 pm »
Thanks.......