Author Topic: Windows Repair (All in One) v2.8.3 - Critical Bug  (Read 19645 times)

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
Windows Repair (All in One) v2.8.3 - Critical Bug
« on: July 25, 2014, 02:39:38 am »
Just download the latest version of the Tweaking.com - Windows Repair (All in One) v2.8.3 And Tweaking.com software on my desktop, unzip, and run the program to test the new version Here's what happened! Some of the issues that has not Already solved and that includes the bug? So here are a few of them!  :smiley:

1 - the first 4 repair goes very slowly and some will be stuck at the lobby   :undecided: :shocked:
2- This 'Reset File Permissions repair' causing to windows to get a blank screen with Silver-colored & With several pop-up messages then Windows becomes very slow as if the screen is been locked by malware’s soft ?  :evil: :angry:
3- I have set automatically do a Registry backup but Registry Backup tool won’t open/pop-up , Registry Backup tool pop-up for less than a second and then gone!  :sleep: :thinking:
4- Repair WMI Still takes more time to get the jop-done and The program still uses memory resources, (excessive memory usage)  :omg: :sad:
5- In each repair, there is a pop-up (exe) window, causing the program to stop to complete the repair process which driver my crazy ! lol  :cheesy:
6- Try again after a period of time and run all the repair, restart is required, and now my Windows became very slow when I have to logon to my desktop Once again! Everything became very slow, including moving the mouse!  :rolleyes: :teeth:

More problems will reporting  :evil: :sarcastic:

« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 02:46:14 am by G-hot »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Windows Repair (All in One) v2.8.3 - Critical Bug
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 10:13:21 am »
2- This 'Reset File Permissions repair' causing to windows to get a blank screen with Silver-colored & With several pop-up messages then Windows becomes very slow as if the screen is been locked by malware’s soft ?  :evil: :angry:

Not a bug. The file permissions repair now runs the repair as the trusted installer, which windows doesnt allow the cmd window to show on the users desktop. Windows keeps all the system services in session 0 and the user login in session 1 to keep them apart. So when that box comes up you can click view message and you will see the cmd.exe window doing its work. That screen you are seeing is session 0. Once the repair is done that window goes away :-)

3- I have set automatically do a Registry backup but Registry Backup tool won’t open/pop-up , Registry Backup tool pop-up for less than a second and then gone!  :sleep: :thinking:
Did you double check that the registry backup in the files folder isnt set to only do 1 backup per day? If it isnt, is it making the backups? It uses the fall back method by default so it would work pretty fast if your registry files are small.

4- Repair WMI Still takes more time to get the jop-done and The program still uses memory resources, (excessive memory usage)  :omg: :sad:

That is because you have a symbolic link problem. The repair is getting stuck in a loop and untill it hits the max path chars of 255 it will keep going. The cmd.exe is doing the searching through the file system for mof and mlf files to add back to wmi, but offers no way to ignore symbolic links like that. I am thinking of redoing that repair and have my program do the searching instead since I can have better control that way :-)

5- In each repair, there is a pop-up (exe) window, causing the program to stop to complete the repair process which driver my crazy ! lol  :cheesy:

What do you mean? Can you get a screen shot?

6- Try again after a period of time and run all the repair, restart is required, and now my Windows became very slow when I have to logon to my desktop Once again! Everything became very slow, including moving the mouse!  :rolleyes: :teeth:

System is running out of resources. I am thinking about updating the program to ask the user to run all the repairs in clean boot mode. I have had users who run all the repairs with 100+ processes running in the back ground. And I have seen sometimes those programs get in the way or the system is running low on resources.

If the user reboots into a clean boot instead, with none of the 3rd party programs running in the back ground then it makes a big differance on speed and resources. I just need to test it more first.

Shane

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 10:53:18 pm »
Here's an alternative screenshot   :smiley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJGsqlxRhp8

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 12:04:13 pm »
OK, what is happening is your system thinks the files came from other system and so is asking permission to run each exe. Not sure why that is happening, but there is a way to remove those streams from the files and make it stop asking.

Use this tool here
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897440.aspx

I made a right click option on my own computer using this tool where I can just right click on a folder and it will unblock every file in all sub folders. Made it myself, just a little bat file and some regkeys :-)

As for regbackup not opening, did you make sure it is under the files folder and all the files are there? The program does do a check for the files at startup, so they should be there. So I wonder if it is just the streams problem.

How did you get the program onto that system, did you download it or transfer it from another system?

Shane

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 03:11:34 am »
OK, what is happening is your system thinks the files came from other system and so is asking permission to run each exe. Not sure why that is happening, but there is a way to remove those streams from the files and make it stop asking.

Use this tool here
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897440.aspx

I made a right click option on my own computer using this tool where I can just right click on a folder and it will unblock every file in all sub folders. Made it myself, just a little bat file and some regkeys :-)

Shane

This problem is not only on my system, but it's on both of the two different systems, so I do not think it's a problem with both systems I have!
And run this utility in the link provided did not help to fix the problem!
So what should I do right now? Although I have noticed that this problem occurs since it was released version 2 . And the version 1 & older version is okay, no problems there  :smiley:

As for regbackup not opening, did you make sure it is under the files folder and all the files are there? The program does do a check for the files at startup, so they should be there. So I wonder if it is just the streams problem.

How did you get the program onto that system, did you download it or transfer it from another system?

Shane

All the program files are there. And there is no anti virus installed to act removal program files.!   :blank:  and I never download anything from non official Website ! So always do I download your software from your site!  :wink: :smiley: and i have download it not transfer it from another computer system ! That was the same clean-computer , I'm on it. :tongue:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 07:37:06 pm »
Problem doesnt happen on any of my machines I try it on and I asked other users as well, no one is getting those pop ups.

But those popups will happen on systems that might be set a certain way.

give these a try and see if it fixes it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/124427-open-file-security-warning-allow-prevent-unblock-file.html
and
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/124367-open-file-security-warning-unblock-file.html

Shane

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 09:38:18 pm »
that’s doesn't fix the problem, your program still shows a pop-up messages  :undecided:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 10:33:04 am »
When the box comes up does it even give you a check box option about always asking? Or is that check box missing?

Shane

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 10:58:14 am »
When the box comes up does it even give you a check box option about always asking? Or is that check box missing?

Shane

yes ,  it give my a check box but do i need to unchecked Each exe. Manually

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 11:09:25 am »
Yes, just uncheck it and it shouldnt ask again :-)

Shane

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 11:20:02 am »
Thank you, but do you think that my system is infected?  :tongue:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 11:21:50 am »
No, that is something windows does, possible a security setting was to high and you had to tell it not to ask to get it to stop. :wink:

Shane

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2014, 11:27:04 am »
then I will check that and back to you  :wink:

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 09:12:22 am »
I have download a new Windows Repair (All in One) v2.8.3  program zip file  & Unzip and replace all the files and run the program, trying to force Registry backup to pop-up But get on the "failure" window ?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2014, 06:59:31 am »
Check the log file in the backup folder on the root of the c drive and see what failed.

Shane

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2014, 08:05:41 am »

[01/08/14 - 6:29:45 م] Result: Failed - Error: -1 (API Reg Save Failed, Tried File Copy, File In use, Cannot copy.)

[01/08/14 - 6:29:45 م] Backing Up File: C:\Users\\ntuser.dat
[01/08/14 - 6:29:45 م] Result: Failed - Error: -1 (API Reg Save Failed, Tried File Copy, File In use, Cannot copy.)

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 02:53:37 pm »
Do you have a user account that has unicode in the name, or do you have a unnamed folder in the C:\users folder?

Reason why is right here
C:\Users\\ntuser.dat

The \\ is missing the folder name such as C:\Users\Shane\ntuser.dat

Shane

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2014, 01:00:25 am »
Do you have a user account that has unicode in the name, or do you have a unnamed folder in the C:\users folder?

Reason why is right here
C:\Users\\ntuser.dat

The \\ is missing the folder name such as C:\Users\Shane\ntuser.dat

Shane

I guess no, And yes, I have to remove the name of my computer right here! If you need a log file, then I will attach it.

C:\Users\my pc name\ntuser.dat
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 05:31:07 am by G-hot »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2014, 04:49:42 pm »
The log would be good, and since this has to do with the registry backup maybe we should move these to a new thread :-)

Shane

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2014, 12:48:27 am »
no problem and here is the log file  :artist:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2014, 11:05:30 am »
Yes there is :-)

[01/08/14 - 6:29:45 ã] Backing Up File: C:\Users\fbwuser\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat
[01/08/14 - 6:29:45 ã] Result: Failed - Error: -1 (API Reg Save Failed, Tried File Copy, File In use, Cannot copy.)

[01/08/14 - 6:29:45 ã] Backing Up File: C:\Users\fbwuser\ntuser.dat
[01/08/14 - 6:29:45 ã] Result: Failed - Error: -1 (API Reg Save Failed, Tried File Copy, File In use, Cannot copy.)

Is fbwuser the account you are logged in with, or is it another user account?

The program, when using the fallback method, will use the windows API to backup any currently load registry files. Any registry files that are not loaded it will try to do a simply file copy of. In this case the fbxuser registry files didnt appear to be loaded and when the program tried to copy them it wasnt able to because windows or something on the system has a lock on them. So you get the error that it failed.

Shane

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2014, 12:12:51 am »
ya I'm logged with this fbwuser user account and how to fix this problem?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2014, 08:10:49 pm »
Program is having trouble getting the registry file for some reason. In the windows repair folder, open the files folder and then the registry backup folder, open the registry backup and set it to not use the fall back method, that way it will use VSS instead :wink:

Shane

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2014, 04:22:12 am »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2014, 12:15:53 pm »
Again, on this pop ups, it isnt my program that is doing them, it is windows. My program doesnt control that. For some reason your Windows is set to ask that. The only time I have seen windows do that here is when I try to run the repairs from a network path from another system. Windows will ask every time unless I add that computers name to the trusted sites in internet options in the control panel.

Shane