Author Topic: repairing a corrupted version of windows 7 snipping tool  (Read 10320 times)

Offline willnova

• View Profile
repairing a corrupted version of windows 7 snipping tool
« on: August 18, 2014, 02:56:06 pm »
I need to know how to locate the list where one puts a tick against snipping tools so that it is included in the repair process. My version
of Tweaking.com came with the item snipping tools not being selected for repair. The Dell technician found this list and added the tick for snipping tools to be repaired, but I am unable to locate this list. I would appreciated being given this information.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: repairing a corrupted version of windows 7 snipping tool
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 03:20:19 pm »
Not sure what you mean, when you open the repair window in my program you just go and put the check mark on it before you hit start repairs :-)

Shane

Offline willnova

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 06:13:03 pm »
When Tweaking.com was first run, it did not repair 'snipping tool'. The reason it failed was because there is a list of windows routines in your program, which includes 'snipping tool' where it is necessary to insert a tick beside those routines that you want to have checked. When we added a tick to the routine 'snipping tool' and ran Tweaking.com again it repaired the corrupted routine. I cannot find the list in your program where we added the tick. For some reason the version of Tweaking.com that I downloaded did not have a tick mark beside 'snipping tool' to indicate that it should be checked. I trust that is clear. I would like to know how I can view that list of items to be checked.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 06:27:43 pm »
Where did you download my program from? because the way you described it is not how it works.

You open the program and you will see the multiple tabs. When you get to the Start Repairs tab you click the start button.

Then you see the repairs window. Repairs do not start until you click the start repairs button on the repair window. So before you click that button you can check or uncheck any repairs you want. The program has a set of default repairs already checked but thats it.

So I am not understanding what problem you are having since you can check any repair you want before you start the repairs.

I would like to know how I can view that list of items to be checked.

The program stores all of its settings and what times are checked in the settings.ini file in the folder of the program.

Perhaps I am just not understanding what you are asking. I am getting confused if you are saying the program isnt letting you check the repair before it runs, or if you are simply asking where the program stores the default list of the repairs. :wink:

Shane

Offline willnova

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 07:29:28 pm »
"I am getting confused if you are saying the program isn't letting you check the repair before it runs". I never said any such rubbish. There is a list of windows items that can repaired within your program. Each item has a small box to the left side of it. If you want to have that item checked when the program is executed then that box must contain an inserted tick mark. When the program was downloaded the 'snipping tool' item did not not have a tick in its box. So, as a consequence when the program was run it did not check that item. But, when we inserted the tick mark in the box for 'snipping tool' and ran the program again, it repaired 'snipping tool' software routine. Nothing could be clearer than that. i probably downloaded the program from file hippo. I just use the download locations that Dell computer use.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 09:59:20 am »
No it wasn't clear at all.

Why wouldn't you just ask "Why isnt the repair snipping tool checked by default?"

When the program was downloaded the 'snipping tool' item did not not have a tick in its box. So, as a consequence when the program was run it did not check that item. But, when we inserted the tick mark in the box for 'snipping tool' and ran the program again, it repaired 'snipping tool' software routine.

When you where explaining the process to get it ticked is what confused me. It sounded like you had trouble getting it checked to be ran because you said how you ran the repairs first, then checked it and ran it again. Thats why I was saying multiple times that you simply check it before you run the repairs even the first time.

My program isnt on filehippo. Not sure why dell would be getting it from any other website than directly from my own site.

Offline willnova

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 10:36:12 am »
'Thats why I was saying multiple times that you simply check it before you run the repairs even the first time.'

What I want to know is where do you check it, I cannot find the location.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 03:39:47 pm »
Thats what I have been trying to tell you. The repairs shouldn't be starting on their own. :wink:

When you get to the repair windows (I attached a screen shot) you see the repairs. They do not run yet until you click the start repairs button on this window. Before you do that you simply go check or uncheck the repairs you desire and then click start repairs.

Shane