Author Topic: Windows Repair (All in one) Version 2.8.7  (Read 6934 times)

Offline MJR1

• View Profile
Windows Repair (All in one) Version 2.8.7
« on: August 19, 2014, 09:39:47 am »
I have windows 7 64 bit. On the latest version of Windows Repair (All in One) Version 2.8.7 when it gets to repair 15 Repair Proxy Settings the program fails to complete the repair and shuts down. I know the new version will shut down if repair doesn't start within 30 seconds. But in version 2.8.6 it does complete this repair and all the other repairs. Only in version 2.8.7 does it fail to complete this repair.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Windows Repair (All in one) Version 2.8.7
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 09:46:12 am »
Odd, they all run fine for me on each system I tested it on including the proxy one.

In the log you will see that that repair is ran twice, once under the current user and again under the local system. Did it fail on the local system one?

Reason why is tweaking_ras.exe in the files folder is used to run the cmd.exe under the system account and so if anything gets in the way or keeps that from running then the repair wont even run.

Shane

Offline MJR1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 11:37:28 am »
It failed during the first one what ever in runs under first. I even blocked all traffic from the internet with my Comodo Firewall and no go. But in version 2.8.6 it worked with or without internet traffic going on.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 03:35:44 pm »
I have had multiple people report the repairs not running at random times. I think I have it traced down. The tweaking_ras.exe file is what I need to update. There are two reasons I found why it isnt running a repair and so I am working on a fix right now and will hopefully have an update out tomorrow :-)

This is a good thing that this is happening, because before the program never waited for the repairs to start and so if a repair failed to run for some reason it just kept on going, but missing that repair and who knows how many others. Now that I have the program wait for the repair to start I am finally seeing these issues and it is allowing me to get them fixed :-)

Shane

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 06:50:35 pm »
By the way, my program doesnt need internet access while running repairs, so dont worry about that :-)

I finished v2.8.8 BUT I need it tested before I release it tomorrow morning. So if you could try it out tonight and let me know by morning if you had any trouble with it. :cheesy:

If all goes well I will release it first thing tomorrow when I get in my office.

I posted the updated files here.
http://www.tweaking.com/forums/index.php/topic,2308.msg15197.html#msg15197

Let me know how it goes :-)

Shane