Author Topic: RegSvr32.exe - System Error (MSVCR110.dll)  (Read 14255 times)

Offline PC_Sniper

• View Profile
RegSvr32.exe - System Error (MSVCR110.dll)
« on: August 24, 2014, 11:16:54 am »
I have searched the entire site and have not found discussion on this topic.

I am using your tool (Tweaking.com - Windows Repair (All in One) v2.8.8 ) to repair a computer that is really slow with a Intel i7 2nd Generation 8 core processor @3.4Ghz.    When I run the tool I am getting a error at step 4 "register system files" ,  the error is:   "RegSvr32.exe - System Error."   The program can't start because MSVCR110.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling to fix the problem. "  I have attached a screen shot.  If you click OK or the "red" X to close it, it will just keep coming back.    If you attempt to end task....you get the same error.  If you select go to process which is identified as csrss.exe and try to end the process you are prompted with "Ending this process will shutdown the operating system immediately.  You will lose all unsaved data. Are you sure you want to continue?"

I looked up the "MSVCR110.dll" error and it specifies that Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 should be installed.  I ran Microsoft Updates and applied all Visual C++ fixes, rebooted and continue to get the same error when I run Tweaking.com - Windows Repair (All in One) v2.8.8 , which by the way will never get past this error.

System is running:
Windows 7 Professional 64Bit, Vipre Internet Security (disabled until reboot).

Has anybody run into this?  Is it a problem with Tweaking.com - Windows Repair (All in One) v2.8.8  as it tries to resolve OS problems?  Or is it a problem with the computer originally?  How do I resolve this error?

Thanks for any information.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: RegSvr32.exe - System Error (MSVCR110.dll)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 11:42:30 am »
The error isnt a problem with my program but it is a problem with the OS. The repair is simply calling the regsv32.exe in windows to register dll files. It is the windows RegSvr32.exe that is giving the error, and that means the repairs cant register dll files.

The regsvr32. will have 2 versions on your system, a 64 bit one and a 32 bit one.

The 64 bit one is under C:\Windows\System32 and the 32bit is in C:\Windows\SysWOW64

And the MSVCR110.dll is also under both of those folders as well. Can you check and verify that MSVCR110.dll is in both of those folders? Also let me know the size and version of each one so I can compare it to the ones on my windows 7 64 bit system. :wink:

Shane

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 08:52:11 am »
Odd. I would have thought WR simply would ignore the error generated by running the "Regsvr32 MSVCR110.dll" command.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 08:59:44 am »
Odd. I would have thought WR simply would ignore the error generated by running the "Regsvr32 MSVCR110.dll" command.

Nope, because Regsvr32 isnt generating the error, windows itself is. Regsvr32 is crashing because of the dll file.

Shane

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 10:10:15 am »
But then each time "Regsvr32" is used there should be an error as well ?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 10:13:45 am »
But then each time "Regsvr32" is used there should be an error as well ?

And there is :-)

I ran Microsoft Updates and applied all Visual C++ fixes, rebooted and continue to get the same error when I run Tweaking.com - Windows Repair (All in One) v2.8.8 , which by the way will never get past this error.

If it was just the one error when he click ok on the box it should have gone uon, but instead he gets another error box for every time the regsvr32 is called so it makes it looks like the error never goes away.

Shane

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 10:25:22 am »
I see.