Author Topic: Tweaking.com - Windows Repair  (Read 5049 times)

Offline sstem89

• View Profile
Tweaking.com - Windows Repair
« on: August 22, 2014, 09:55:44 pm »
Although I love the tool, if I may, I'd like to make a suggestion.  I apologize if this isn't the right place for this:

Include a winsock reset option, please.
I use this tool quite a bit and have no complaints, but this program was unable to fix my network connection after I ran through every option that the tool suggests.  This has been the only problem I've encountered as of yet that this program didn't fix, great job btw.  I'll continue to use this program and will more than likely buy the Pro version in the near future.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 11:03:38 am by Shane »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Tweaking.com - Windows Repair
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 11:06:13 am »
Although I love the tool, if I may, I'd like to make a suggestion.  I apologize if this isn't the right place for this:

No it wasnt, just start a new thread instead :-) I split your post to its own thread. :wink:

Include a winsock reset option, please.
I use this tool quite a bit and have no complaints, but this program was unable to fix my network connection after I ran through every option that the tool suggests.  This has been the only problem I've encountered as of yet that this program didn't fix, great job btw.  I'll continue to use this program and will more than likely buy the Pro version in the near future.

The program already has one. Which is "Repair Winsock & DNS Cache"

The repair info about the program tells what it does and as you can see it does do the reset commands.

This will clear the stored DNS cache in Windows. When the DNS becomes corrupt you will not be able to get to some sites. Flushing and rebuilding the DNS will fix that problem.
Also resets winsock entries & resets TCP/IP stack.

These extra commands are run on Windows vista and newer.

netsh winsock reset all
netsh int 6to4 reset all
netsh int ipv4 reset all
netsh int ipv6 reset all
netsh int httpstunnel reset all
netsh int isatap reset all
netsh int portproxy reset all
netsh int tcp reset all
netsh int teredo reset all

Not sure why it didnt fix your problem you had if you ran it. The program does backup the current ip info and such and puts it back after the repair, mainly for people with static Ips they dont lose it. :smiley:

Shane