Author Topic: Windows Repair v2.8.7 execution time...  (Read 8273 times)

Offline drumhead954

• View Profile
Windows Repair v2.8.7 execution time...
« on: August 27, 2014, 05:59:09 pm »
I started running your repair program over 8 days ago & it has appeared to be running around the clock for the whole time...and has not yet finished! Can this possibly be working properly? I'm running every option other than #s 2, 14, & 22 and the four numbers in the System Monitor continue to change, so I assume the repairs are ongoing? 

Thanks in advance!

Offline Tomas_Sweden

• View Profile
Re: Windows Repair v2.8.7 execution time...
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 11:14:20 pm »
Try the latest version of Windows Repair which is 2.8.8 and see if that help you:
http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html

Tomas
Dell Laptop XPS L501X Intel i5-560M(2.66GHz), Win 7 Home Prem(SP1) 64 Bit, 4 GB RAM. Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256 GB.

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 05:02:19 am »
If you tick all boxes then Windows Repair should take, in normal circumstances, ~ 30 minutes max. Each repair should take no more than ~ 10 minutes.

Do the following:
1. - Untick the box "Hide output to CMD window" (under "Settings")
2. - Rerun the program with all boxes ticked or only the Default ones.
3. - When one repair takes too long then make a screenshot of the window in which the repair got stuck.
4. - Abort the program. Restart the program and skip the repair that caused the problem.
5. - Repeat this procedure (steps 3 & 4) until you have run all repairs.
6. - Post in your next reply the screenshots you made.
7. - Perhaps you're now able to run all repairs without problems ?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 09:58:05 am »
Stop the windows repair and download the new version 2.8.8. Always use the newest version.  :wink:

v2.8.8
Updated the tweaking_ras.exe and Tweaking_rati.exe. These are both used to run repairs as the system account or trusted installer. To do this they create themselves as a service and run the command, then remove the service they created. The problem was that on some systems, Windows wasn't removing the service fast enough before the next one was called and created. Since the service name was the same, the next one created wouldn't be called (Since it was in the process of being removed by Windows) and the repair wouldn't start. Both of these programs now randomize their service name to keep this from happening.

The program now will try to start a repair up to 3 more times if it fails to start the first time (For a total of 4 times and 30 sec between each try). So now if there is ever a simple hiccup or problem that kept the repair from running then the program will try again and normally it will continue on. If it fails to run a repair 4 times then the repairs stop and the program tells you to let me know in the forums, where I will work with you to find out why they didn't run.

Fixed a bug where the program didn't close itself if you told it to reboot or shutdown the systems after the repairs.

Shane

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 10:20:11 am »
If the problems remain then I still would try my suggestions.

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 01:25:19 am »
- Did you disable the antivirus & turned off the internet ?
- Agree, the first 5 repairs take the most time. "Repair WMI" needs to search your entire disk for 2 types of files. Disabling output to the screen should increase repair time.
- Although 40 minutes for one repair (see attachment) is certainly extreme but you could have a VERY LARGE amount of files or a (relative) slow processor. Can you give more info on that ?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 01:36:08 am by Willy2 »