Author Topic: hard drive  (Read 10568 times)

Offline ritycz

• View Profile
hard drive
« on: November 16, 2014, 12:01:10 am »
hi,im new, i want to ask the site owers if they have a program for the hard drive, that fixes error and bad sectors and can allowcate new sectors using smart data ,any program at all would be a big help,i downloaded a tool and it tells me im at 65 percent hard drive going bad,, and should replace the drive, but i have to save money to that so was wondering if you very smart guys may have a program to help,even just a little,thank you,look forward to what you have to say,,,,thank you for your time, take care

Offline ritycz

• View Profile
Re: hard drive
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 12:03:36 am »
also im running windows 8.1, so a hard drive tool that helps fix sectors would still be a big help

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 02:44:10 pm »
The smart data already handles that, and just running chkdsk /r on the drive will try to recover any bad data on a nad sector. But rule of thumb is, if you have a lot of bad sectors then it is time to replace the drive :wink:

Shane

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 03:09:46 pm »
Shane what you think about this one "CheckDiskGUI" good or bad ? http://www.wieldraaijer.nl/

« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 03:11:21 pm by Gamezertruth »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 06:46:14 pm »
Shane what you think about this one "CheckDiskGUI" good or bad ? http://www.wieldraaijer.nl/

Dont know since I have never used it :-)

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 03:06:13 am »
Hi,
            ritycz
                     I think Shane suggestion of chkdsk is the best thing. You have not mentioned the tool you used. Anyhow , i will advise you not to run any third party tool which will further spoil your hard drive . I tried some tools and altogether i lost one hard drive. Chkdsk and probable command prompt will solve. I tried some tools, which will scan, but reproduce highly technical results definitely pointing that your hard disk is failed, even though it is actually not.
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline ritycz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 03:29:24 am »
hi, i used all the free ones,like check drive and hard disk sentinel,and even defeaggler showed a yellow icon for causion,,my smart data show bad sector, and reallowated sectors of over a 1000 with 466 errors that cant be fixed, but i though if you knew what your doing you could remap the drive and fix the bad sectors, i allready used check drive ,im using windows 8.1 and you can check drive for errors, on win7 and before you could left click the C drive then right click properies then left click drive tools and you would have two check boxes one for check drive for errors and the second check box siad find and repair bad sectors, but in win8.1 all you have is one check box,so 1, i wonder if theres more that i can do,and 2, is there a way to remap the drive or a program to remap the drive, i understand that this is done even before windows starts when you start or boot up a computer, but i keep getting a 100 percent in performance but only 65 percent in drive integrity or shape,,like good or bad shape i get 65 percent,i know my way around windows but windows 8 is abit different,and im no IT-PRO either..lol..i know a little bit not much,,,i just hoping there might be a magic program to fix my problem,,lol,,i should know by now theres no quick fix with hardward, it works or if not you replace hardward,thats all there is to it i guess,but thank you everyone for the help,i was hoping for a quick fix,,,lol,,,thank u all,take care and god bless

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 04:04:56 am »
Hi,
          Try this. Please read the description tab before using it. I think it is for free.
http://filehippo.com/download_easeus_partition_master_home/changelog/
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".