Author Topic: Last 2 versions having issues running permissions repair in safe mode  (Read 5993 times)

Offline piggynuts

• View Profile
Hi thanks again for your continued support of this program.

Your most recent version has issues running the file permissions reset in safe mode, I had the issue on 3 separate PC's today, then they ran fine in normal mode.  This issue did not occur with previous versions of the program. 

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Last 2 versions having issues running permissions repair in safe mode
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 01:31:39 pm »
I am surprised they ever ran in safe mode lol

The reason why is in order to run a repair as the system account my program makes a service and then runs the repair from there. This is how it has always done it. Well in safe mode only the allowed services set in the registry are allowed to run. If you went and try to start another service it wont let you.

So because of that it shouldn't have ever worked in safe mode. Thats why I ask people to do a clean boot instead of running from safe mode.

But at the same time, in the last few versions I now have the repair try to run as the trusted installer service, only the file permissions repair. That also installs a service and runs. If it cant find the trustedinstaller.exe running then it will run the repair as the system account.

Shane