Author Topic: menu.dll file missing and repair process couldn't finished its job.  (Read 4862 times)

Offline windowrepair

• View Profile
Hi
my labtop uses win 8.1, and it has error message of missing menu.dll file.  Also  the laptop has been lagging.  I followed all the steps,but the repair only fixed 35 out of 37 jobs and stopped there for many hours. I had to stop it and re-started the repair, but it couldn't pass the first job.  I shut down the laptop, then started the repair which again couldn't pass the first job.  The original error message still exists.  I recognized a message during the repair stating that window defender wanted to start a scan.  Could this be the problem to the repair process? How can i get the error fixed?  Please, help!  Thank you.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: menu.dll file missing and repair process couldn't finished its job.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 03:41:57 am »
Can you post a screen shot of the error you are getting?

Also the repairs where it runs the command to have windows 8 cleanup the component store can take HOURS, I have no idea why it take so long, it is windows that is doing it, my program simply runs the command. Not normally good to stop it, but at least it didnt break anything when you did. The command gives no progress indicator as well, which is annoying.

Shane