Author Topic: Envelope Printer bug  (Read 11225 times)

Offline Meeteshc

• View Profile
Envelope Printer bug
« on: October 13, 2014, 07:22:43 am »
Envelope Printer not showing font options at all please fix it.please add printing margin option also

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Envelope Printer bug
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 10:41:56 am »
No need to add printer margins when you can already move things around manually :-)

On the fonts, what happens when you try to open the fonts? Any error or message?

The program is calling the windows api to show the screen and printer fonts of the system. I had one other user report he couldnt open the fonts but every machine i tested on worked and I couldnt replicate the problem.

Shane

Offline Meeteshc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 10:34:44 pm »
when i click on font button noting happens and i will repeat my request for adding margin and add custom size as different countries differ in size also help in improving tcp optimzer tweak file 

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 10:29:01 pm »
Ok I replaced the code I used to show the font dialog with all new code that supports unicode, test out this version for me and let me know if it works. :wink:

Extract the attached zip file and replace the files in the program folder with these new ones, I only included the changed files, so you have to have the program installed and then replace the files with the ones attached.

Shane
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 10:14:38 pm by Shane »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 10:15:18 pm »
Updated the program again before I release it, new zip file is here
http://www.tweaking.com/forums/index.php/topic,2371.msg17049.html#msg17049

Still waiting to hear back from you if the fonts work, I dont want to release it till i know I got it fixed, so please get back to me soon :-)

Shane

Offline em17976

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 02:01:53 am »
Hi  Shane,

I took the liberty to download your pre 1.7 version of envelope printer.

I didn't think you could improve it but you did. I will be looking forward for version 1.8 when it will be final and has postnet or whatever it may be called as an integral part.

As far as I can see you can release envelope printer 1.7.

Thanks for listening to us all,

Ed

╝╝╝╝╝╝╝╝

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 02:30:59 pm »
Hi  Shane,

I took the liberty to download your pre 1.7 version of envelope printer.

I didn't think you could improve it but you did. I will be looking forward for version 1.8 when it will be final and has postnet or whatever it may be called as an integral part.

As far as I can see you can release envelope printer 1.7.

Thanks for listening to us all,

Ed

╝╝╝╝╝╝╝╝

I havent put out v1.7.0 yet, so when I do put it out make sure to get it.

As for adding postnet bar code to it, I found the code to do it, but I was searching and looks like the USPS isnt using it any more (I had another user ask about it here)
http://www.tweaking.com/forums/index.php/topic,2536.0.html

So I wasnt sure if adding it was needed.

Shane

Offline em17976

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 03:27:55 pm »
Shane right now this is great with 1.7 beta.
Postnet would be nice and that is what I put on my mailings but it is only the zipbar code for the zip and +4 if it is available.
I looks much more professional with the zipbar code. I wasn't aware that it is necessary for mass mailers BUT if you get it done there will be nothing, I believe , that can be added.

I am very impressed.

Thanks,

Ed
┴┴┴┴┴┴┴

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 03:35:49 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/POSTNET#Barcode_formats

Looks like a normal zip code without the +4 is allowed as well.

I have the code the creates the bar code, but the hard part is this, I can add it and a person can manually use it if they want, but they would have to enter it for each envelope. A better way would be a check box to have the program auto create it, so when doing a mass print it will do it for each one. But the hard part is having the program know what zip code to use. Since users can put anything they like the program wont be able to auto grab the zip. So instead I would have to right  another section in the address book and the import tool to have a field for the zip code postnet data. Means I would have to rewrite all the functions to handle the new option. Not to mention that this is only used on USA addresses and isnt useful for addresses outside the US.

So I can add the postnet code, but it would have to be a simple text box that you have to put the zip code in manually. Thoughts?

Shane

Offline em17976

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2014, 04:56:51 pm »
Presently I manually input the zipcode into the extra text line and I use a zipcode font.

If you were to make it an option with a check box it would have to (for the USA) be sure that the alpha 2 UPPER CASE  letter for the states would be in one of the last 2 lines of the send to address.  It would have to recognize that there is a space or comma before and after the PA. If there is no AK or MN or CA or any of the 50 states then no zipcode since it is not US. It would not generate a barcode if it does not recognize at least 5 consecutive numerical digits in the same line that has the state NJ code. If it has five followed by a hyphen- then continue with the next four. I read that a commercial mailing program now put another 2 or 3 digits to further refine the mailing for apartment houses I believe but that is overkill.
The customary format of the send to is
Mr. John Doe
Title of department  Bank Manager

1234 Street  and/or
P.O. Box 1234
Albany, NY 12345-1234

Does Canada have zipcodes with barcodes???

I hope I haven't confused you too much.

Thanks,

Ed

╤╤╤╤╤╤╤

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2014, 11:01:37 pm »
Presently I manually input the zipcode into the extra text line and I use a zipcode font.

If you were to make it an option with a check box it would have to (for the USA) be sure that the alpha 2 UPPER CASE  letter for the states would be in one of the last 2 lines of the send to address.  It would have to recognize that there is a space or comma before and after the PA. If there is no AK or MN or CA or any of the 50 states then no zipcode since it is not US. It would not generate a barcode if it does not recognize at least 5 consecutive numerical digits in the same line that has the state NJ code. If it has five followed by a hyphen- then continue with the next four. I read that a commercial mailing program now put another 2 or 3 digits to further refine the mailing for apartment houses I believe but that is overkill.
The customary format of the send to is
Mr. John Doe
Title of department  Bank Manager

1234 Street  and/or
P.O. Box 1234
Albany, NY 12345-1234

Does Canada have zipcodes with barcodes???

I hope I haven't confused you too much.

Thanks,

Ed

╤╤╤╤╤╤╤

Actually I already have code I written that breaks a address apart to pull state and zip, I did it in my transportation broker program I wrote that a few business use. So breaking apart and getting the zip wont be hard to do. Now the question is, where on earth do I put this new option? The screen is rather full lol

Only place I could put it would be another tab with the logo and extra text. Let me see what I can do, just finished the thumbnail for the print preview.

Shane

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2014, 01:40:02 am »