Author Topic: BitDefender IS2015 Blocking tweaking_ras.exe  (Read 6478 times)

Offline garybarr

• View Profile
BitDefender IS2015 Blocking tweaking_ras.exe
« on: October 23, 2014, 09:45:32 am »
For some reason, starting yesterday, anyone using BitDefender Internet Security 2015, can't use Tweaking - Windows Repair.  It will absolutely not allow the file tweaking_ras.exe to exist.   It will block it, if I do get it on, it will immediately erase it.  Obviously, making the entire program not able to run.

Any ideas around this?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: BitDefender IS2015 Blocking tweaking_ras.exe
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 09:49:39 am »
I already submitted it to bitdefender and they will update their virus defs soon to remove the false positive.

They seem to hate vb6 programs, every time I even touch the tweaking_ras.exe file they flag it as a generic virus and I have to send it to them all over again. And this exe wasn't even a new build, I simply put the manifest file into it, still the same code and everything. So their way of removing false positives is by putting the md5 or some other hash of the file in on a allow list, but the instant that hash changes they flag it again. Really really annoying as a programmer to have to deal with this for just updating my stuff. they know my stuff is safe AND it has a code certificate signed on it as well yet they dont look at that lol

Shane