Author Topic: Battlefield 2142  (Read 10930 times)

Offline thetiebers

• View Profile
Battlefield 2142
« on: November 01, 2011, 09:03:42 am »
Howdy, Battlefield 2142 will not allow the Ping to show on the screen.  Is there a work around for this?  I could have another computer up to show my ping but that seems to defeat he purpose of lowering my ping (lol) :tongue:!  Thanks for your program and any possible help. :cheesy:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 2142
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 09:45:42 am »
Are you talking about ping in a command window?
Or are you talking about this program?
http://www.pcwintech.com/simple-ping

Both only show you what your current ping is, it doesnt lower your ping :wink:

Shane

Offline thetiebers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 09:56:41 am »
Hi Shane, I meant that it won't show as I play.  I did not think that it would lower it :wink:.  I only want to get it to show as I play the Battlefield 2142.  I get notices at times that my ping is to high and only want to verify that as it happens.  The program works on the other games I have tried it on so far but alas not Battlefield.  The game even overrides alt control delete when I click task master the Sim pops up over it before I can do anything. :angry:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 10:29:12 am »
Yeah looks like they have the game made not to let you have anything open on top of it.

Myself, I use a 2nd monitor on my system to keep things open while I game :wink: (Monitors, stats, memory, network, ping, email, chat)

Also keep in mind that the pin will make a difference on which server you connect to .
While some will give you a bad ping others will give you a good ping. It all depends on the router the connect has to take to get to the server and back.

Shane

Offline thetiebers

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 11:00:20 am »
Thanks for the info.  I play on my laptop in the living room although I do have it hard wired to my router (ran a long cat6 cable) for gaming.  Do you think it would increase my ping of I had another laptop on to show my network ping? or would it show only that laptops ping?  You can tell I only know enough to get into trouble :rolleyes:.

As an added note, I have the "FRAPS" program to show my FPS and it is able to break through and show on the screen while I play all my on-line Sims including Battlefield 2142.  I have no idea how they do it.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 07:44:51 am by thetiebers »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 12:43:56 pm »
When gaming you want to try to keep other people off the net as much as possible. Also close any programs downloading in the background.

If something else is using up the connection speed then your ping will get spikes :wink:

Shane