Author Topic: Am I stupid or what?  (Read 7662 times)

Offline i96alleycat

• View Profile
Am I stupid or what?
« on: December 01, 2014, 10:28:47 pm »
This old nurse is doing her darnest. Ok, I DL'd it, it scanned my computer and then it hooks me back online to buy a repair program. Thought it was free. Tweaking says all their proggies are free. On a budget here, gotta get my firewall to start and base filter engine to go before my Avast will run. Already have Malbytes and done did it. Where am I missing the boat on the free part. Liked your video BTW but it's not showing the screens I saw. Thanks and will wait with beited breath for your responce.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Am I stupid or what?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 10:42:43 pm »
I am heading off to bed, got your post on my phone and wanted to respond so you dont have to wait till morning :-)

You clicked on a advertisement. I dont have the download links at the top of the page. They are right in the middle, below the ads and the buttons match the site. Here is what the buttons look like so you know what to look for.

http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html

You want to click on the direct download one, it pulls right from my site, in fact here is the link to the file itself.

http://www.tweaking.com/files/setups/tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio_setup.exe

Night!
Shane

Offline i96alleycat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 10:48:21 pm »
Thanks Shane! I will. I didn't want to toss the CPU and haul to little computer tech sister an hr away.. if I didn't have to. I'm on a mission to resolve this myself. G'night and sweet dreams.  Alice

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 12:41:04 pm »
Thanks and good luck, let me know if you need anything else. :wink:

Shane

Offline i96alleycat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 09:47:47 am »
Hi Shane. Thank you sooo much! It's getting there, learning alot in the process. Got the repair tool to run and do it's thing. got my Base filtering engine and firewall to start. Got two left to figure out and resolve. Progress made on Avast, had to DL a fresh Avast and got it to install which it wouldn't before because of the BFE. I can't get it to scan per "no endpoint" Scratching my head on that issue. The other is, when my PC reboots it wants to check files, it starts and gets to 10% and then reboots again and repeats the same thing over and over unless I hit a key in the 1rst 10 seconds to stop it and then it loads up windows. This was going on just before I started the tool when I was trying to get PC in safe mode (trial and error learning about clean boots).
  Any insight to endpoints or this file check circle?  I like your stuff and am very gratful for the help.
                                                                                                                                                              Thanks
                                                                                                                                                   the old country Nurse
                                                                                                                                                                  Alice

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 07:42:15 pm »
If the system is rebooting while doing a check disk on the drive then it is possible the drive has bad sectors and is why you are having so much trouble.

The dirty bit has been set on the drive, which tells windows something is wrong with the drive and needs to be scanned. After it scans the drive the dirty bit is removed and so it wont keep scanning it at boot up. But since the scan is never finishing it keeps doing it. If it is hitting a bad sector or something else on the drive that is causing it then I would do a backup of your data as soon as you can just in case.

Shane