Author Topic: undo treak  (Read 11925 times)

Offline ritycz

• View Profile
undo treak
« on: December 24, 2014, 04:54:05 pm »
i used your tweak,,,(networking treaks.reg) now all the shows and movies on you tube and daily motion, and it freezes up every couple of minutes,its so bad that nothing will work,i have to hold the power button down to power off, then start it up,everything seems to work good, til i use flash plyer on you tube and daily motion,then all i get is freezes,and cant use anything the whole system is froze, my question is, how do i undo this tweak,,(networking treaks.reg) i dont have a image in system restore,everytime i make one, at midnight its gone, and system restore will only hold 1 image, and i have 15.2 GB of space for system restore,so 1.)can you undo (networking treaks.reg)  2.) is there a treak for system restore to fix it or make it hold more than one image and make system restore hold onto images for longer than a day,thank you,  please e-mail me at [email protected]  P.S. is there any tweak that i can use to restore windows system files, sfc /scannow dont fix them, it says i have bad files but unable to fix them,the main thing is to fix (networking treaks.reg) thank you, can u e-mail me at the e-mail address above, again thank you,,

Offline ritycz

• View Profile
Re: undo treak
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 05:01:37 pm »
this is the name of the treak i need to indo,,,,Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00,,,,, it made windows 8.1 very unstable and makes shockwave flash player freeze,and my OS is froze to,i cant even bring up task manager,i have to power off and start again,,,

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 06:19:23 pm »
Hi, ritz
                     I sincerely feel that there is some problem in adobe flash player. Did you try to uninstall and reinstall adobe flash player. You could also download their uninstaller to uninstall and then install adobe flash player from get adobe.com. This may solve your problem. Moreover , if you are having any add ons other than the adobe reader and adobe flashplayer, then this duplicate issue of having many plugins that will freeze. Shane tweaks can be undone, if it creates problem by normal system restore, which you report that it is not doing. Try this and let us hear from Shane,
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2014, 01:34:27 am »
You could work your way through http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-8.html but if you used Tweaking to create the back ups before running it, then run the program again to use the restore function.

Offline ritycz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 12:54:32 am »
hi,i tried now for weeks to use sfc /scannow but all it keeps saying is--some system files were repaired but not all, or something to that effect,i been on the net everyday looking for ways to fix my system files but found lots but nothing worked,after trying your one tweak,i had troble with flash, im sure now it was not your tweak,all these new settings and new firmware has me confused,i dont have the password for my acer aspire ax3-100,as i got it used,it only a year old,so i didnt think it was a hard ware problem,i used your simple system treaks and both your advanced and normal system treak programs, both work well and did solve some problems,one of them did fix flash player for me, what happened was i upgraded from win8.1 to win8.1 pro but the upgrade stopped cause i tripped over the power cord and shut the computer off, after i started it back up it went thru a update process and rebooted and said i was now running win8.1 pro,but some files didnot get installed,thats why i have broken system files that and after i got a very bad virus, i managed to rid myself of it after much work, but still sfc /scannow would tell me i still had files that could not be fixed,so today i went and booted into safe mode using the settings charm bar and booted into safe mode, i ran sfc /scannow and bingo it said all files have been repaired,i looked thru the CBS log file,its long one,anyway it shows some things not fixed but then again maybe not,as im unsure of what most of the log means,im going to attach my CBS LOG and maybe you could look at it and make sence of it all,and maybe you can tell me if im in the clear now,with everything fixed ,im sorry for saying it was your one tweak that made my flash player go down,as it was not,,thank you for your help so far,,if you have any recamendations after reading my CBS log please feel free to let me know,thank you again,,i tell everyone i know about both your sites so they to can get the best and safest treaks on the net,thank you,i will attach my CBS log file now,happy new year,thank you

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 10:13:37 am »
Do you mean the tweak file from this page?
http://www.tweaking.com/articles/pages/increase_network_performance,1.html

Those wouldn't affect youtube videos or anything like that. :wink:

i used your simple system treaks and both your advanced and normal system treak programs, both work well and did solve some problems,one of them did fix flash player for me,

Well that is good to hear, but are you saying you are still having trouble with windows 8.1 itself? Have you tried my Windows Repair and have you also scanned the hard drive for bad sectors? How are things going still?

Oh and Merry Christmas :-)  (err... a few days late, but I just now got back to work lol)

Shane

Offline ritycz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2014, 06:47:36 pm »
yes still problems,last night when i was going to bed i ran maleware bytes but ran it without using run as adminastrator i used it in safe mode,when i got up this morning,,,on my screen it said windows had a unexspected error,i rebooted to normal win8 pro,and its been working ok, abit slow,and firefox hangs for a minute or two before i can use it,other than that things are good i think,but still other programs hang to, so i dont know if windows is fixed or not, i stopped a upgrade to 8.1 pro by tripping on the power cable,when i turned it back on it said please wait til system is done installing 8.1 pro, after sfc /scannow kept telling me i had broken files, so last night i used safe mode and sfc /scannow said all file are fixed,so then i ran maleware bytes and went to bed and as you read at the first of this message ,maleware bytes didnot finish,the screen said i suffered a unexspected problem and had to stop,i rebooted and everything seems ok but very slow and firefox and other programs hangs for a couple of minutes before the programs work, i cant get into my bios cause its password protected and i dont have the password,i got it from a pawn shop,so i have no way to change the boot order so it will boot from the dvd first,if i could get the boot order changed i have a windows 8.1 pro dvd and i could do a fresh install,my computer is a acer aspire ax3-100 ef-10 with 5700 ati , its just over a year old,i dont know what to do to fix the hanging time and its very slow,i have the windows 8.1 pro dvd but its no good if i can't boot from my dvd player,it will not refresh either,i tried afew times and all it says is this opion is not avalable,i really want to do a clean install,but i can't get into the bios cause of password protected,i attached the cbs log on my last post,thats the newest one,im at a loss for what i can do,it has 12 GB of ram,7660hd ati card or on board,no reason why its so slow,ant help at all would be just awesome,i red 100s of pages on how to do a clean install but every site says the same thing,i need to change the boot order,and i can't cause its password protected, i tried hold F2,F4 F6 F8 BUT STILL CANT GET INTO THE BOOT ORDER, i can hit delete and the bios password comes up but thats no good to me cause i dont have the password,all i can see is use it til it dies,,lol, i rather do a clean install and have a good working mini desktop with wireless internet,is there any way to use advanced opions to boot from dvd first,thats all i need to do is it not, after it boots from the dvd it will do the clean install and i wont need to boot it from dvd it will install all on its own without my help or am i completely wrong,,lol,,thank you for the help and thank you for reading this to,happy new year to you as well,,

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 02:15:45 am »
Sometimes the password can be reset without the need of entering the old one.

Normally advice on how to do this isn't given as we have no way of knowing the provenance of this machine - it could be stolen.

If Shane authorises it, we can do this by PM but I would prefer Shane to advise you.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 08:55:21 am by Boggin »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 02:31:55 am »
Hi,
                   Boggin,  You are correct
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2015, 07:03:35 pm »
Password is never set in a bios unless the user goes and sets it.

Your call on this one Boggin. :wink:

Shane

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 02:15:52 am »
I was recently involved in helping someone with a BIOS reset and removing one plug reset the password and plugging that onto another reset the BIOS, so it really depends on what machine is being used, but the service manual for the machine will have details for that - although I have a link somewhere for bypassing Toshiba passwords.

The quandary is whether I will be assisting an offender or not by supplying this info as this machine has an unknown provenance.

The techsupport forum won't entertain any requests for password bypass because of that and the Mods will close the thread.