Author Topic: How Stop Repair #8???  (Read 10095 times)

Offline bretsharon

• View Profile
How Stop Repair #8???
« on: January 08, 2015, 12:19:52 pm »
Repair MDAC/MS Jet  has run for more than 8 Hours. CPU Usages does change.  Task Manager says not responding, then it flashes off, then says not responding, then flashes off,.....and on.  How can I tell it is working and how long? 

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: How Stop Repair #8???
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 01:04:49 pm »
It should be very fast (It is a small repair), is the cmd.exe window still open?

Shane

Offline bretsharon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 02:18:14 pm »
Thank you.  Note that the test is really #9 Repair MDAC/MS ...I'm new to this.  But #9, when successful still took hours.  I am now running with cmd displayed and am running in safe mode on a 64 bit machine.  I supposed the 32 bit program is ok with this.  I will report tomorrow what happened.

Offline bretsharon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 02:39:02 pm »
Running in minimal safe mode the MDAC/MS Jet blew right thru the repair.  So there must be something in normal mode that stops and makes it hang up.  Leaving cmd open is very helpful to confirm that the repair is not being held up

Offline bretsharon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 02:41:28 pm »
I take it that the repairs are effective running in safe mode??   ..or will some repairs not work in safe mode??

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 05:22:07 pm »
In the newest version of my windows repair I made to where all the repairs will work in safe mode because it enables the services that are needed to be able to run. So now I recommend running it in safe mode because 75% of the time someone tells me a repair is stuck or didnt run it is almost always because of a 3rd party program or antivirus.

So in safe mode nothing gets in the way and the repair work like they where meant to :wink:

Shane

Offline bretsharon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 01:33:53 pm »
I ran the repair in safe mode and all seems well.  It did not fix the error, if it was an error, but Microsoft Answer Desk asked that I run tweak and PC Scan and repair and when they ran it, they did not get into safe mode nor did they do the clean boot or disable the virus.  I worked on it and am satisfied it ran correctly....We were trying to fix something in Word 2013 and excel 2013 when they launch there is an error says the command could not be sent and when trying to rename/new directory within the program, things crash.  The repair did not fix them, but you alerted me to some other items I was not aware of and I thank you for that and will send $30.00.  Its well worth twice that much.  I suspect this is not an error your program is designed to fix.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 12:58:12 pm »
Correct, my repair program targets Windows, not other programs such as office and such. But sometimes things can be tied together, such as a program is failing because of permissions in Windows and such.

Did you get the problem fixed yet? If not I will be more than happy to help and see if I can help you fix it, if you still need help just start a new thread in the computer help section :-)

Shane

Offline bretsharon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 03:29:39 pm »
Yes, I got it to run best when a clean boot in safe mode, and I really had no problem with the program, it was Microsoft Word and Excel that kept coming up with an error and MS technicians lead me to your program which I will use...   The problem was that I was using 32 bit for Outlook 2010 but 64 bit for Word and Excel 2013.

....another question.  I think image repair or tweaking is removing updates and so I get 49 programs to update in windows.  I think its image repair that is doing this and I am looking into it.  I don't think its tweak.

Thank you for your help. Its a bargain at twice the price (I sent in $30)  its a real steal

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 03:33:43 pm »
Thanks for the donation :artist:

Once I get the pro version of the Windows repair done, which I will sale, I plan on giving all the users who donated for it a free copy, so that means you will get a free copy as well.

Dont worry though, the Windows Repair will be a free/pro. So all repairs and all future repairs will stay free, the pro will simply be some extra features and tools. I wont be taking anything away from the free version. :wink:

Shane