Author Topic: (solved)Why booting on stops at intel sign?  (Read 39222 times)

Offline Samson

• View Profile
Re: (solved)Why booting on stops at intel sign?
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2015, 04:04:12 am »

But what about my subsidiary queries

Can you put it another way? I am not really too sure what it is that you are asking  :wink:

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2015, 04:07:05 am »
One more question: If suppose, one has the same operating system, say, win 7, could he be able to access the other hdd, if he is connecting with power and data cable in the same system as a additional hard disk.
                                If suppose, if he could access that drive, will the format could be done easily, by using format menu like you format d: e: f: etc.
                                   would another power and data cable and mother board slot are enough.

The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2015, 04:36:42 am »
Yes, should be able to see the additional HDD and then use the normal tools to format it.

Offline Rick

• View Profile
Re: Why booting on stops at intel sign?
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2015, 05:42:02 am »
The OS needs to be installed on the same system. But that isnt the problem right now, it isnt even getting to that part. When it is at the intel sign is when the bios is checking the hardware, it hasnt even started trying to boot windows. So the windows install and drivers have no effect at this point.

Normally when the bios is locking up like that it is because of a bad setting, bad hardware or perhaps a bad cable. I had a new ssd drive I put into a older system and the bios would freeze up trying to detect it, so I found their was a firmware update for the ssd that fixed that problem and after putting the firmware on the drive the system was fine.

That is simply an example how it can be a number of different things. Normally I would say it is the hard drive, but since the drive can be put in another system and it is detected fine tells me the drive is ok.

So that means we need to check what else the bios is looking at and how the drive is plugged in.

Here is what I would do, take the drive out, turn on the system and go into the bios. There is normally a setting to hide the boot up logo and instead show what the bios is doing, that way you can see at what part it is stopping at when it freezes up. :wink:

Shane

Shane; my suggestion?

have him do a repair install with a startuprepair disk.
Version sensitive

Windows 7 will work for all versions vista as I remember
But, if he is using a custom computer, it may need toi install the Intel Drivers too

Startup repair first, in all cases here!

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2015, 05:49:41 am »
As far as I am aware, the OP's original problem has been solved, and the thread title has been amended to "Solved".

@Jraju.... Perhaps you should start a new thread regarding imaging/ cloning if you have any problems.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2015, 09:00:43 pm »
Hi, Thank you Samson.
                             Cloning is the main message in your solution. Cloning of c: drive with initial programs, is the best choice, because one need not install the OS again with initial programs. And i think the registry entries are also copied if you clone. Nice solution. Eventhough, the problem is over, i thought that this is related litem in booting, so, continued with this thread instead of new one.
                                            Anyway, as you said, i will raise a new thread on it shortly. Thanks Shane, boggins, samson and lot others who have given the ideas on how to solve the problem. Shane has given the idea that OS is independent of mother board drivers.  A sound thought and solution to my problem that i could retrieve. Thanks all
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2015, 02:59:08 pm »
Pretty much the same really, except....Cloning will copy to another HDD so that disk will be bootable and available as an immediate replacement. Disk imaging will save an image that can be used to create a bootable HDD for use later.

Try XXclone