Author Topic: (Solved) Mail from Tweaking com, though enabled is not being received  (Read 17926 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Shane,
               Even though i did not uncheck the notify me of replies in your reply box, for the past 20 days, i am not receiving your email alert in my gmail.  Is there any check on that? or is there a glitch?. Always mail from tweaking com interest me to go to your page.
                       Now, i have to go the forum, and then have to see the thread here only. Please.

Update:  I have recently used filter a specific email address which was spamming my computer with unwanted mails. Would that be the reason. How to see the filtered mail. If tweaking com is there i will dis select it to get the prompt mail replies
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:56:48 am by jraju »
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mail from Tweaking com, though enabled is not being received
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 02:14:29 am »
I haven't been getting any lately either or I'll get them in one big dollop belatedly.

Sometimes when I get them they can be marked as possible spam and other times not, but however they are marked, they do appear in my Inbox.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 02:34:07 am »
Hi, Shane,
                      Problem not only for me but for some more persons. Please say why this is happening of late?
                          Even in spam folder , i do not get any replies.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 04:58:40 pm »
I have the forums set to email me every time there is a new topic and when I get replies. I dont always get everyone I should, I dont know why, but I do get most.

Like today, I had 15 emails from the forums telling me of replies or new topics, then when I log in I click the show unread posts since last visit and there where 3 in there, and I never got emails on those, yet I got them on the rest.

When the server sends email it does it by the normal php method through the main server in apache. So if there is any kind of connection problem that might be part of the reason, sadly I have no way of finding any kind of log for the sending of the emails through the server, would be great if there was one, then I could see if the problem was there or not.

Of course other times it isnt the server or the forums but instead the users email server blocking the email because it thinks it is spam. Some servers will auto delete email it thinks is spam at a high degree and spam that has a less chance of being real spam gets sent to your spam box.

Now I did change something lately, the emails from the server use to have my address in the from address, and it was filling my gmail account lol So I changed it to [email protected], so it is possible that if you had my email in your allowed list and not the whole tweaking.com domain that your spam filter is blocking it.

Try adding [email protected] to you spam box allow list and see if that helps :wink:

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 01:22:47 am »
Hi,
                      I am enclosing the filter screen shot.
                         Thanks for your reply, I went to the filter tap and saw that the filter i included noreply inter chat com, which is spamming my spam messages. To avoid this, i did filter it . But matches of those filters warning came when i create this filter. But, i thought matches mean the same email sender. It took noreply mails from every others .
                        Please let me know how to manage this. I want replies from noreply tweaking com enabled . It says that older filters mail would not be there, but in future mails, this updated filter will work. I will try to include all other no reply excepting the spammer
                           Update:
                                    After i deleted the matches , the 2 one in the enclosure, i got the spam message. How to select the filter is still confusing. If i delete the matches, i get spam. I do not want any message from the party in the 1st in my enclosure
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 02:55:29 am by jraju »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 02:57:22 am »
Hi, I forgot to load the file

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 12:04:45 am »
Hi, After creating filter with the one spam address, i get tweaking com mails, but in spam folder. How to set future tweaking emails to not to go to spam folder. I could just click Not spam in the top to move in to inbox. Why it is so? How to rectify this?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 10:12:58 am »
When you make the filter in google you tell it to never send it to spam :wink:

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 03:56:16 am »
Hi, Shane,
                   now I am getting your email replies in inbox. What i did was , I marked your mails in spam folder as not spam. It automatically gets in to inbox. Further mails are being received in my inbox. Thanks

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: (Solved) Mail from Tweaking com, though enabled is not being received
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 05:50:21 am »
I use my secondary ISP email for notifications and when I was getting them, sometimes they would have (Suspected Spam) next to them, but it seems my ISP is already filtering before I get them - although that hasn't stopped the ones telling me I've been awarded £250 vouchers for some major store - anyway, still not getting them so will continue to check the replies the old fashioned way.  :smiley:

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 05:19:26 am »
Hi, Boggin
                      it does seem to me that you are having so much tricks in your sleeves.Using second email isp, what it is . I do not come across. Is it advantageous compared to conventional one?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 05:34:06 pm »
Hi, Boggin
                      it does seem to me that you are having so much tricks in your sleeves.Using second email isp, what it is . I do not come across. Is it advantageous compared to conventional one?

I have to have an ISP email address registered with my ISP to access my online ISP Account details for billing etc. - they also use this to contact me.

This was the first email address I created when first going online but as you usually have to give an email address when doing online shopping, it's not long before you start getting spam.

To combat having your main address bombarded, I was advised to create a secondary one and used that address for online sales and for forum notifications.

I have since created a gmail account to save any online shopping receipts should I change my ISP and have that one as my notification address for another forum when I re-registered on it as I'd forgotten my log in details.

Just checked my emails on my ISP secondary address and found I had a dollop of 23 Tweaking.com notifications dating from the 2nd of this month.

I'd contact my ISP to find out why the delayed receipt but their customer support are rubbish when it comes to sorting anything out that may not be in their scripts and quite often you end up wasting half an hour or more and still your problem remains unsresolved.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2015, 09:42:26 am »
I dont know if the forum allows users to change their email address for their account, but if it doesn't just let me know and I can always update the email on a persons account, and I can have it go to a new address since you said you have a 2nd one :-)

Shane

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2015, 09:52:29 am »
Hi Shane - I've just gotten two pretty quick including one for this thread although each has [Suspected Spam] next to it, but at least they came through a lot quicker than others recently.

I'll email you with my gmail account which you can change it to as the other email account is also an ISP one.

You may still have that one from our previous e-mailings but I'll give you it again.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2015, 11:19:33 am »
For some reason, notifications seem a bit haphazard on my gmail account now and haven't had any of late.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2015, 03:48:29 pm »
I have been getting the emails, so not sure why yours isnt all of a sudden. Of course google isnt known for letting people know if they are having any problems on their side lol

Shane

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2015, 05:04:30 pm »
I'm getting notifications from the Windows Secrets Lounge which is another forum I post on, so gmail would appear to be accepting something.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2015, 11:47:17 am »
Not sure, like I said I am still getting the emails fine and they should be showing they are coming from [email protected]

Shane

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2015, 04:14:40 pm »
When I was using my ISP's e-mail they use to come in one big dollop if they'd been held up somewhere, but they seemed to have dried up on gmail.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2015, 06:51:39 pm »
I sent you a test email from my main tweaking.com email, let me know if you get it :-)

Shane

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2015, 01:38:01 am »
Yes, I replied to the e-mail before I saw your post on the forum.