Author Topic: Help with 'Kill_Frozen_Programs'  (Read 5291 times)

Offline hollyberry

• View Profile
Help with 'Kill_Frozen_Programs'
« on: March 17, 2015, 10:04:11 am »
Hello all,
I cannot get Kill_Frozen_Programs to work. Whatever program that is frozen remains that way even after using K_F_P as administrator, and trying many keyboard combinations after Shift-F2 didn't work. The frozen program is Firefox browser, that crashes every ten seconds, and annoys the h--- out of me  :omg:.
Have other browsers but like FF for security when buying something. I have a Laptop, running Windows 8.1, 16 GB ram, 1 Tb space, Intel I-7. I love all these cool programs you created Shane!!!! Any suggestions re: K_F_P? Much appreciated.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Help with 'Kill_Frozen_Programs'
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 11:20:51 am »
I made that program a long time ago and I will need to go double check it to see if there is something not working, but the program works like this (Same way task manger works it)

The program sends a SendMessageTimeout to a process, and if it gets a response then the program isnt hung up or frozen since it responded. But if a program doesnt respond then (Which is when you see program not responding in task manager) then the program counts that as a possibly frozen process.

But if firefox.exe is responding to that command then it may not be fully frozen and why the program isnt seeing it and killing it.

Or perhaps Windows 8 isnt giving permission for the program to kill it, it should be running as administrator, but just in case make sure you are :wink:

Shane