Author Topic: had a severe crash and now system ubstable  (Read 10669 times)

Offline cunfuzed

• View Profile
had a severe crash and now system ubstable
« on: March 18, 2015, 05:35:46 pm »
Tweaking.com - Windows Repair - Pre Repairs Scan
Computer: CUNFUZED-PC (Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1) (64-bit)
Started at (3/18/2015 8:24:50 PM)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scanning Windows Packages Files.
Started at (3/18/2015 8:24:50 PM)

No problems were found with the Packages Files.

Files Checked & Verified: 4,582

Done (3/18/2015 8:26:24 PM)

Scanning Reparse Points.
Started at (3/18/2015 8:26:24 PM)

Reparse Point: (Type: JUNCTION) (Name: NetHood) (Original Path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\NetHood) (Target Path: C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Network Shortcuts) (Creation Time: 10/17/2012 8:51:26 AM)
Target Path doesn't exist!

Reparse Point: (Type: JUNCTION) (Name: PrintHood) (Original Path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\PrintHood) (Target Path: C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Printer Shortcuts) (Creation Time: 10/17/2012 8:51:26 AM)

Reparse Point: (Type: JUNCTION) (Name: Recent) (Original Path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\Recent) (Target Path: C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent) (Creation Time: 10/17/2012 8:51:26 AM)

Reparse Point: (Type: JUNCTION) (Name: SendTo) (Original Path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\SendTo) (Target Path: C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo) (Creation Time: 10/17/2012 8:51:26 AM)

Reparse Point: (Type: JUNCTION) (Name: Start Menu) (Original Path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\Start Menu) (Target Path: C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu) (Creation Time: 10/17/2012 8:51:26 AM)

Reparse Point: (Type: JUNCTION) (Name: Templates) (Original Path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\Templates) (Target Path: C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Templates) (Creation Time: 10/17/2012 8:51:26 AM)

Reparse Point: (Type: JUNCTION) (Name: My Music) (Original Path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\Documents\My Music) (Target Path: C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Music) (Creation Time: 10/17/2012 8:51:26 AM)

Reparse Point: (Type: JUNCTION) (Name: My Pictures) (Original Path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\Documents\My Pictures) (Target Path: C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Pictures) (Creation Time: 10/17/2012 8:51:26 AM)

Reparse Point: (Type: JUNCTION) (Name: My Videos) (Original Path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\Documents\My Videos) (Target Path: C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Videos) (Creation Time: 10/17/2012 8:51:26 AM)

Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Default\Cookies) (Target Path: C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies)
A Default Reparse Point is missing and this can cause programs on the system.

Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\dub_cm_auto\Application Data) (Target Path: C:\Users\dub_cm_auto\AppData\Roaming)
A Default Reparse Point is missing and this can cause programs on the system.

Files & Folders Searched: 297,565
Reparse Points Found: 78

Done (3/18/2015 8:34:03 PM)

Checking Environment Variables.
Started at (3/18/2015 8:34:03 PM)

No problems were found with the Environment Variables.

Scan Complete - Problems Found!

While problems have been found, you can still run the repairs in the program.
But for the best results it is recommended to fix the problems reported in this scan if possible.
If you need help fixing any of the items in the log, just post in the forums at Tweaking.com for help.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: had a severe crash and now system ubstable
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 06:16:49 pm »
Looks like something remove the system profile, can you go and check and see if C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile is there?

Shane

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 06:21:21 pm »
Is this not a problem with v3.0 Shane as Confuzed isn't the first to report these Reparse problems.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 06:24:14 pm »
How would that make it a problem with the windows repair? That is what the pre repairs scan is meant to do, it is doing its job, so I wouldnt call that a problem lol

Shane

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 06:45:50 pm »
It just seems to be cropping up a lot recently after running WR that I thought it could be related.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 06:55:15 pm »
Nope, you seeing it a lot more because this scan is new and wasnt in the old versions :-)

Shane

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 07:18:42 pm »
So if that error existed before in other systems but was not snagged, what would WR have reported or would it just have gone through the repairs and the user would still have problems ?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 08:31:21 pm »
The old version never did these checks., so there was no way to tell. Thats why I added it, as it helps make the program better :-)

Shane

Offline cunfuzed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 03:59:48 pm »
Shane thank you for the replies unfortunately my laptop went to not booting up at all the dreaded black screen with a cursor. I tried all I knew to fix it but no go so I had to take it to a real I T guy I know I will let you know what he found when I get it back. using a borrowed laptop for now. I still support what you do even though it didn't work this time for me. thanx for all the effort!!

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 05:05:33 pm »
Let me know if he is able to find out the cause of the blank screen with just the cursor, if he can find the cause and a fix then I can add it to the Windows repair :-)

Shane

Offline Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 12:20:58 am »
Shane thank you for the replies unfortunately my laptop went to not booting up at all the dreaded black screen with a cursor. I tried all I knew to fix it but no go so I had to take it to a real I T guy I know I will let you know what he found when I get it back. using a borrowed laptop for now. I still support what you do even though it didn't work this time for me. thanx for all the effort!!

yes, mines happened similar way too, new hard drive, total re-install and still some errors connecting to updates; problem seemed to reside from updating the windows defender engine as some updates no problem while windows defender had problems.

* looks like the case of update to 8.0 malware from MSFT to me...

Yeap, I believe MSFT does this as they also have end of life, but seems china doing quite well still with XP;
look at the wealth of china VS USA now, I think the real problem stems from lack of being able to do our work VS always changing!

yeap...