Author Topic: Prescan--1474 corrupt Files to replace  (Read 4754 times)

Offline Vignory

• View Profile
Prescan--1474 corrupt Files to replace
« on: April 11, 2015, 01:16:38 pm »
Bonjour,

My version of Windows 7 is Home Premium 6.1.7601, service pack 1, 32-bit. Yesterday, 10th of april, I ran a pre-scan of windows 7/ servicing / packages, as recommended. The result was that 1474 files---out of 2949---are corrupt; they need to be replace...manually. An immense task, tedious and confusing. There must be a better way.  I hope that this is the case, that there is a better way. I have already taken onwership of the package folder using you reply to Pre-repairs scan help (19 march 2015). Now, to go further, I
really need help.

Thank you !!!

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
Re: Prescan--1474 corrupt Files to replace
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 03:51:21 pm »
- How many updates & failed updates do you have ? That could be (much) less than the amount of damaged files.
- Change the settings for "Windows Update" to "Notify before install" or "Notify before download". Then you can allow Windows Update (WU) to do the updates when you and your system have enough time & (computer) resources.
- When WU asks you to re-start your system then simply ALWAYS decline. Let WU wait until you shut down your system. Then WU has the entire system (& resources) for itself and no interference from other (running) programs.
- I personally ALWAYS use this procedure and I have ZERO failed updates.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Prescan--1474 corrupt Files to replace
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 03:32:04 pm »
Can you save the pre-scan log and post it so I can see what files it is reporting?

Shane