Author Topic: Compare tools  (Read 5090 times)

Offline drsherlock

• View Profile
Compare tools
« on: April 20, 2015, 09:55:38 am »
I am new here. I have the PowerSuite 2012 and used since 2012. Great tool but expensive. Wondershare bought out the license but have not made and changes to include Windows 8.1 and future. I gave up with their upgrade plans they stated. My search for new tech tool came to Tweaking.com for windows repair pro version. Looks good and just might get it but have a few questions and hope this is the right group to ask. Among many features, Powersuite can boot to windows from the thumb drive, clone drives, reset windows passwords, and as well repair windows. I do not see some of these features. Can you help compare? I believe I will get this since you look good and notice you have more helpful tools. I need new solution and you look good. thanks.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Compare tools
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 01:27:00 pm »
My program has to be ran inside of windows, so there isnt any boot feature like that or a reset windows password.

For removing passwords on a users system who cant remember them I just use this tool
http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

It takes a little to know how to use it, but I only use it to remove passwords, works very well.

My Windows repair is a repair tool and I have some tweaks to help speed the system up and to make the windows drive cleaner better, meaning you dont have to use as any 3rd party programs to do the same job.

But the program is a power suite, its main goal is to fixing Windows and is what I focus on. :-)

I am always looking for more pro features to add, but I am limited to the fact that my tools are written in old school VB6 and the repairs them selves need to be ran in windows because registering files and such are handled by windows and have to write to the registry, which you cant do when not in windows.

I am going to start testing on how to get the program to run in Windows PE and see what is required to make it work and what APIs are available from there. Once I know what can be done there I can start seeing what repairs can be ran from there and what cant be.

Shane