Author Topic: Can't start repairs.  (Read 6869 times)

Offline kuuge

• View Profile
Can't start repairs.
« on: June 06, 2015, 10:01:50 pm »
I have followed directions exactly(I think) as read. I can't start the first repair. Just times out and after 3 times it says try to run in safe mode. I am in safe mode. Seems like a pretty common error but did not find any search help. Thanks so much for your time.

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Can't start repairs.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 10:39:27 pm »
Can you give some more information please like what operating system you are running.
and what version of the program you are using and screen shots of errors are a plus if you can post them.  :smiley:  did the pre scan come up with anything step 2: optional tab. let me know.
Also what are you trying to fix on windows?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 10:55:14 pm by Sundavor »
Julian

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 07:53:56 pm »
It isnt really a common problem and so far 99% of people who post that the repairs couldnt start are able to have them run in safe mode with no problems, this is because their antivirus or a 3rd party program kept getting in the way of the repairs, but in safe mode those 3rd party programs normally are not running and so dont get in the way.

Thats why you didnt find any answer for that because the problem wasnt the program and safe mode normally takes care of it. :wink:

But of course getting some info from you will help a lot on finding out what is going on, what version of windows, av and post a screen of the error itself. I have to have some info to work with lol :cheesy:

Shane

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 10:30:32 pm »
It isnt really a common problem and so far 99% of people who post that the repairs couldnt start are able to have them run in safe mode with no problems, this is because their antivirus or a 3rd party program kept getting in the way of the repairs, but in safe mode those 3rd party programs normally are not running and so dont get in the way.

Thats why you didnt find any answer for that because the problem wasnt the program and safe mode normally takes care of it. :wink:

But of course getting some info from you will help a lot on finding out what is going on, what version of windows, av and post a screen of the error itself. I have to have some info to work with lol :cheesy:

Shane

Ah I Did not think of that thanks that's good to know.  It makes sense :cheesy:
Julian