Author Topic: (Solved)How to write to a dvd a vob file converted to play in dvd  (Read 7785 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi,
                    I have a converted dvd vob file and it was converted with a disc image pattern dvd vob file. This is a single file. I have to write this vob file to a dvd that could be played with dvd player on a tv. I found that dvd format should have so much type of files to identify and play in dvd. like audio ts video . I only have one vob file. I have created a folder audiots, video ts and then copy the vob file to the video ts file. I have written iso with those files with imgburn. which created a iso as well as a mds file. Then i select the option of writing image files to disc , as it contain two files, and finished writing to a dvd rw.
                                 Now i have a doubt what about othr files i do  not have like bub and other formats to be identified by the dvd player to play. did i anything wrong like copying vob files to video ts folder created by me and not by any program Pl give the solution to how to workaround this.
Update: i tried the above and wrote to the dvdrw. got no playable data error
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 08:27:36 pm by jraju »
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Re: How to write to a dvd a vob file converted to play in dvd
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 01:47:12 am »
Hi,
                I have succeeded in my attempt by using freemkv to dvd converter. it took about 2 hours to convert to dvd format and I could view in my old sony dvd player. It was a free converter. But, while saying so, the subtitle in English has not been captured in the dvd format. Is there any solution , how I could do that. subtitles were shown in mkv format, while during conversion but not in dvd format. I have choosen to direct dvd writing.
                            How to get those sub titles . It was a hindi, with English subtitle movie

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Re: How to write to a dvd a vob file converted to play in dvd
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 08:26:26 pm »
Hi, Shane,
                           To my question, i raised the same question at bleeping forum and i solved the problem by using the free ware. For the users of the forum, i give below the link.
                                I would rather advise to select Freemkv video2dvd software for easy and fast conversion of mkv format and select to write as iso, then use imgburn to write to dvd, preferably to a dvdrw for long use. Dvdflick is having problem in converting later versions of mkv matroska format. Thanks.
                              In this software, the conversion is quick, you could choose the audio language if you have dual sound files, the subtitles files automatically shown, when you select mkv files
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581377/why-converted-dvd-thro-freemkv-to-dvd-does-not-contain-subtitles/

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
Re: (Solved)How to write to a dvd a vob file converted to play in dvd
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 03:50:47 pm »
good you got it fixed for you ! :cheesy: :wink:

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 06:11:03 pm »
Hi,
                               But now i have the problem of subtitle not synchronised . The audio and subtitle do match for some scenes but not in all scenes resulting in either advance viewing of video scene or lagging behind of it.
                                     Mpchc, also has this problem. WMP menu it self is not easy to see to get it touched.
I tried the VLC media player and it seems that it is far better in sync subtitles. But I have to view the full movie with it.
                                             The file size is day by day is shrinking with innovation of new formats, but the same  should have the solution for the previous version also. MKV is day by day developing new versions, and if you download a movie in mkv then converting itself need some converter. There are only few converter really does the trick and my recommended one has some solutions.
                                                           Subtitle is one of the area. because english slang sometimes skips the screen fastly to understand what the actual. Thank god atleast subtitles are there to understand the exact words .
                              VLC player once was favourite for me. But, the problem is it changes the thumbnail of all associated files in the pc, thereby confusing which is video, picture and music. moreover it does not allow any other program. But it has its own plus in giving excellent video and audio quality.
                                          I also came to know, it has a track subtitle which allows you to adjust the timing of subtitle if it is lagging behind video or advancing. I will also go at it , if it is helpful.

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 08:34:08 pm »
Hi ya

then should someone help you with your issue  :tongue: