Author Topic: Windows repair v3.2.3 taking hours  (Read 6514 times)

Offline KIM

• View Profile
Windows repair v3.2.3 taking hours
« on: July 06, 2015, 10:56:30 pm »
It is normal for the program to run for over 5 hours and still be stuck on repair jobs 1/37?   I had the common problem of the windows audio driver not working and getting the endpoint is a duplicate message. I tried the many fixes on the internet...Checking AVG virus vault, going into the regedit to see if the audio thingies was missing (it wasn't).  Anything that is out there I tried, so I read that running the tweaking repair helped those whose issue couldn't be solved. Anyway, should I restart the repair?  the CPU usage seems low 10-20% and it is stuck in the same place all day.  I am at the end of my rope as my child (who has autism ) is REALLY wanting his computer back...with sound!   :sad:Thank you for any advice.  Kim

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
Re: Windows repair v3.2.3 taking hours
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 11:35:09 pm »
- No, that's not normal. All repairs combined take about 20 to 25 minutes on my Win 7 system.
- Did you disable the Anti virus program ? did you run the program in Safe Mode with networking ?
- What kind of audio player do you use ? Windows Media Player ? If so, "the WindowsClub" offers a number of fixes for that player. GOOGLE it.
- Perhaps the codecs are corrupted ?
- Did you run "SFC /scannow" ? (Step 4 in Windows Repair).
- If you have a HP computer then the system software drivers are placed in the folder "C:\Swsetup". One of those programs contains the audio drivers for the HP system.

- Abort the Windows Repair & rerun it but then - for the time being - skip the repair(s) that is/are causing the problem(s). Then try to rerun all repairs.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 09:34:32 pm »
Never should take that long, when it does it is normally because your AV or another 3rd party program is messing with it, did you make sure to run the repairs in Windows safe mode?

Shane

Offline KIM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 11:34:23 pm »
Shane...Thank you, thank you, thank you...sending you a HUGE hug from me and my son.  Sound working perfectly.
: )
Kim

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 07:48:59 am »
Good to hear :-)

I also just put out v3.2.4 which I added a reboot to safe mode button to make it easier for users.

Shane