Author Topic: scan shows corrupt files and i need help replacing them, please help!  (Read 27285 times)

Offline djfabricator

• View Profile
Hi, This is my scan result, my windows updates don't work and my antivirus is turned off and won't turn back on, if anyone can help me to replace these files please. thanks... ED

Tweaking.com - Windows Repair v3.2.5 - Pre-Scan
Computer: BEDROOM-PC (Windows 7 Professional 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1) (64-bit)
Started at (24/07/2015 00:22:15)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scanning Windows Packages Files.
Started at (24/07/2015 00:22:15)

These Files Are Possibly Corrupt (Bad Digital Signature): (Total: 6)
C:\Windows\servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-NetFx3-OC-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7600.16385.cat
C:\Windows\servicing\Packages\Package_85_for_KB3022345~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2.cat
C:\Windows\servicing\Packages\Package_4_for_KB2937610~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
C:\Windows\servicing\Packages\Package_4_for_KB3032359~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~11.2.1.0.mum
C:\Windows\servicing\Packages\Package_for_KB2992611_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
C:\Windows\servicing\Packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~7.6.7600.320.mum

Problems were found with the packages files, these files need to be replaced (These mainly only effect installing Windows Updates.)
The SFC (System File Checker) doesn't scan and replace some of these files, so you may need to replace them manually.
These files do not keep the repairs from working, you may still run the repairs in the program.

If you need help in replacing these files, post on the Forums at Tweaking.com for help.

Files Checked & Verified: 4,839

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I don't have any of those at the moment but ill get them for you or when Shane is on later he can get them for you but have you still tried to run any of the repairs? They should be able to still run and may fix the issues you are having with your computer ;)
Julian

Offline djfabricator

• View Profile
Hi,thanks for your reply.  I have run the repairs in the application also sfc scan and dsim.exe I tried also to run windows install disk while booted but got the error that operating system is newer than one trying to replace. I'm not great with pc but can find my way round a little.  What would have corrupted these files? Seams mainly the updates that dont work. Click updates and the page is broken. Getting several dll errors.  Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have sfc scan result that could upload if would help.  Kind regards Ed.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 05:17:30 pm by djfabricator »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Try Windows readiness tool, and also use microsoft fix and see the problem is fixed. Otherwise, wait for Shane and Boggins.
https://www.winhelp.us/reinstall-windows-update.html
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20858
Use the first link and then if it is not fixed, then use the second tool.

The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
The pre-scan wont keep the repairs from running, the trick is to make sure to run all the repairs and run them all in windows safe mode :-)

Shane

Offline djfabricator

• View Profile
Hi, thanks for your reply the readiness tool will not run. Comes up with a dll error and then install invalid. Can't remember exact message but will write them down later. Some things won't run with the corrupted files. When I click on windows update I get an error that wuapp.exe is not for this system says check that you have the right one for your system. Completely baffled.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It's of some concern that your AV won't turn on as that is usually indicative of an infection.

What is your AV and do your restore points work in Safe Mode to take you back to when your AV did work ?

Offline djfabricator

• View Profile
Hi, av is back on. I had turned everything off non ms in boot and forgot. It's  just those corrupt files. I ran the scan originally in safe mode. It says they need fixing manually. I don't know how to do that. The ms reinstall. Exe won't work. Am running the repairs again in safe mode. If it doesn't work will be thinking that maybe doing clean install. Although did not want ToTake that route. Thanks again

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
After the repairs have completed and if the updates still don't work, do another sfc /scannow and if it still reports it is unable to repair some files, at the command prompt enter findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

This will put an icon onto your desktop which when double clicked will open the CBS Log in Notepad which you can then copy & paste to post.

Offline djfabricator

• View Profile
Thanks. Will do that.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: scan shows corrupt files and i need help replacing them, please help!
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2015, 06:14:33 am »
I've just checked and you can copy then paste that cmd to the cmd prompt.

For some reason it doesn't always allow you to copy & paste a bit out of a post.

Offline djfabricator

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2015, 07:14:30 am »
still the same :sad:running sfs scan now, will attach as soon as it's done, i've attatched a picture of the message i get when i try to open updates from start bar, cheers

Offline djfabricator

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2015, 07:19:06 am »
SFC scan results attached. thank you

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2015, 07:59:30 am »
What happens when you just type windows update at Start or select Windows Update from All Control Panel Items ?

That report is showing a fair amount of corruption and I'm not sure what Shane could do for those and that is a strange error you are getting for wuapp.exe

Is your install disk a retail version so that you have a valid product key ?

The reason you got the error when you tried to do a repair install with it will be because the disk doesn't have SP1.

If you have a valid retail key then entering it into this article and if accepted, will authorise an ISO download which you Save, but I'm not sure if they contain SP1. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery

You can then use Windows USB/DVD Burner Tool to create a bootable disk. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

Win a SP1 bootable disk you will also have the option to perform an offboot sfc /scannow where the files can be checked/repaired against those in the install disk and this could negate the need to do either a repair or clean install.

If you can't get that MS page to authorise a download or the ISO doesn't include SP1, I can burn you a couple of Win 7 x64 SP1 universal bootable disks to perform the offboot sfc and if you have a valid key then you will also have the option to perform a repair install.

If you find you need me to send you those disks then just PM me with your address.

Offline djfabricator

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2015, 08:15:53 am »
Hi.  Thanks for your reply, my key is oem not retail. I tried to run a repair install but got the error the os is newer than the one trying to install. I tried searching for a sp1 disk but couldn't find them. Ms site asked me for key. I put that in and it said as oem I cannot download iso. Got fed up with trying and ordered one on amazon which comes with new key. If i use that disk with my key will it work? So is it something I've done that caused this? I was trying to repair start up issue. As have windows 10 running on another drive think maybe it wrote to this drive. So when my disk turns up should I try to run it as upgrade or use it as repair startup? Thanks again for your help. Greatly appreciated

Offline djfabricator

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2015, 08:19:39 am »
Forgot to say if I get into updates through control panel it opens but the windows are blank no text. Will screen shot it.

Offline djfabricator

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2015, 08:39:25 am »
screen shot, I have the sp1 disk coming so hopefully that will work, may need instructions on what to do! I thought my pc skills were slightly above average but i think i've just demoted myself... I thought I'd got a virus that I couldn't find. so thats a relief. thanks again to you all. Ed

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2015, 09:40:11 am »
I don't suppose these two commands run from an admin cmd prompt would help but you could try them and see what they return.

nets start bits

nets start wuauserv

To perform an offboot sfc /scannow, tap F12 as you switch on and select the ODD (disk drive) option to boot from, insert the disk and press enter.

Press any key when prompted to boot from the disk and you'll eventually be presented with an inverse window with the top Windows Setup (EMS Enabled) option highlighted.

Press enter and after it has loaded the files etc. use the dropdown to change/confirm the Time and currency format which will auto set the keyboard then press Next.

Click on Repair your computer and when it has located the OS, make a note of the Loctaion - it could be C: or D: then click Next and then Command Prompt.

At the prompt enter (assuming C: ) sfc /scannow /offbootdir=C:\ /offwindir=C:\Windows

When completed enter exit to close the cmd window, remove the disk then click on Restart and let us know what it reported.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 10:09:57 am by Boggin »

Offline djfabricator

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2015, 11:05:58 am »
I wrote a reply bit not showing up. The cmd commands wouldn't  work but running them as net they came back as service already running. Started into recovery and used your sfc command.  Came back corrupt files unable to fix. Will post the log cbs when back at pc. Thanks.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2015, 01:47:46 pm »
Hopefully the only files it will be unable to fix were those relating to the KBs but will wait to see your CBS log.

Can you also run a chkdsk /r

When that has completed, go Sart - type eventvwr and press enter

When Event Viewer has read the logs, expand Windows Logs - click on Application - Action - Find and type chkdsk or wininit into the Find box and press enter or click OK

Close the Find box and then you can read the chkdsk report in the scrollable window.

To post the report, click on Copy/Copy details as text in the lower right pane and then right click in the reply box and select Paste.

For some reason which I don't understand, the Paste produces two copies of the log which can be edited so that it just displays the first one - but you can leave it like that if you wish.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2015, 02:30:50 pm »
Did you ever run all the repairs in safe mode yet?

The blank screen in windows updates is normally related to xml being messed up and some others. Registering the dll files normally fixes it, which my repair program does. Just make sure to run all the repairs and run them in safe mode. make sure it does a registry backup first just in case :-)

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2015, 09:49:17 pm »
Hi,
                 This is a problem that you face when you have disk as windows 7 and updated system os as sp1. You cannot upgrade with two unidentical version.
                       Either you have to integrate sp1 with some third party software or try to uninstall the service pack 1 from your system. I think that latter is very difficult than the first one.
                                   You just try nlite free version for win 7 to integrate the sp1 in your pc and then check it bootability , and then try.
                                             I have succeeded in this method to integrate the sp1 with windows 7. The latest version does not seek earlier window updates for sp1 installation.
                                                  The second method fails always, as it will not allow you . If it is possible to choose the sp1 in windows updates and then uninstall in the window update , then it is very easy.
                                                        If window updates contain sp1 and some other location ,has the subsidiary files, then this will partially uninstall sp1 to make both disk and system , the same os version.
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline djfabricator

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2015, 02:32:56 am »
Hi, running chkdsk now. So can post the result. Had already done chkdsk last week and was no errors. I have run the 48 repairs in safe mode on the tweaking.com 3 times now. I  have a sp1 disk on its way so hopefully will be able to repair it then if all else fails. Tried to use the command as before so could post the cbs log but getting a blank text box. Tried going direct to the log and says don't have  permission to read it. Got to go out soon so was hoping to get logs up before.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2015, 02:45:58 am »
From your Reply #18 I was under the impression that you had already run the offboot sfc /scannow using the SP1 install disk.

You always get that access denied when trying to view the CBS Log which is why it's best to run that cmd which just gives you its report on what it has and cannot repair.

If you want to see the full CBS log, then right click on it and Send to - Documents - but it has a lot of other bumf in it and it makes difficult reading.

Offline djfabricator

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2015, 03:17:25 am »
No, I'm waiting for disk. Will try that again when disk arrives then as I misunderstood. Chkdsk still running at stage 4 of 5. Taking quite a while and hopefully l can post before I go out. So will the corrupted kb files that are preventing updates from working get repaired with sp1 disk and the reason they got corrupted was running an older version?