Author Topic: scan shows corrupt files and i need help replacing them, please help!  (Read 26976 times)

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: scan shows corrupt files and i need help replacing them, please help!
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2015, 03:43:54 am »
Hopefully the files that are also corrupt in the Store will be repaired but not sure about those in your opening post - Shane or Julian will probably upload those for you.

There is one other the sfc won't repair and that is the Telemetry one caused by KB3068708.

SFCFix.exe may be able to do something with that afterwards, but you could always uninstall that KB before running the offboot sfc /scannow so that you don't have a rogue element in there. http://thetechcookbook.com/automatic-sfc-corruption-repair-sfcfix-exe/

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2015, 03:57:18 am »
Just something else you could do while you are waiting for the install disk and that is to run Disk Cleanup as an admin.

KB3022345 was superseded by KB3068708 and as Disk Cleanup when run as an admin cleans up obsolete Windows Updates, that could remove the Package problem with that one.

Should you wish to know how to run Disk Cleanup as an admin, go Start - type disk cleanup - right click on Disk Cleanup and select Run as administrator then follow the prompts.

What is default checked on what it finds will be sufficient for it to delete.

If it finds a substantial amount of update GBs to delete, then it will be worth running a defrag afterwards.

Offline djfabricator

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2015, 10:42:14 am »
Hi, I ran the chkdsk, but as it was taking so long i left it running when i went out, i tried to find the log but returns that it can't find it. on restart dskchk came up again and said clean then booted. I ran the sfcfix.exe and will attatch my latest sfc/scan and the text from that. kind regards. Ed

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2015, 12:28:31 pm »
That seems t have sorted the Telemetry errors - we'll just have to wait and see what the offboot sfc /scannow can do.

I don't think the offboot sfc produces a CBS log, so if that reports there are some files it cannot repair, then redo the sfc /scannow in normal mode and post the CBS log to see what is left and Shane should be able to take it from there as that is about as far as I can go - other than a repair install.

Offline djfabricator

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2015, 12:56:41 pm »
Ok. Thanks for your time and effort.  Will post back when I have the disk.

Offline djfabricator

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2015, 05:14:56 pm »
Just to let you know that I think I have fixed some of my problem! Where I kept getting the error boxes pop up like the wuapp.exe etc I looked through the windows files and found one thing in common all the files with errors were last changed on the same date. I went to uninstall programs and features. Opened updates,on that date I had several updates. I uninstalled them a few at a time restarting inbetween until all gone. Restarted and hey no deep toned beep beep no error message. Clicked on updates and opened fine. So I can thank ms for over a weeks worth of little sleep. It's not 100 % yet but I'm making progress. Thank you all for your time and effort.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2015, 12:49:43 am »
That sounds like you are getting somewhere and MS has released a few updates this year that have been causing problems for some.

I don't know if it's too late now, but run another sfc /scannow before reinstalling the updates to see what it reports compared to previous CBS Logs.

Offline djfabricator

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2015, 05:16:10 am »
I ran sfc after uninstalling the updates and it still showed corruption I saved a text file which I'll post tonight when home from work. Disk should arrive today or tomorrow so will do offline sfc see what happens. Then report back. Think it has found 16 updates this morning when i woke which I have not installed. cheers

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2015, 05:37:36 am »
Hi, Boggin
                       Could you elaborate on this
I do not know how to include your reply in my reply.
Quote:That sounds like you are getting somewhere and MS has released a few updates this year that have been causing problems for some.
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2015, 08:29:46 am »
I ran sfc after uninstalling the updates and it still showed corruption I saved a text file which I'll post tonight when home from work. Disk should arrive today or tomorrow so will do offline sfc see what happens. Then report back. Think it has found 16 updates this morning when i woke which I have not installed. cheers

If you are still getting errors reported after uninstalling the updates, then they aren't the cause.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2015, 08:40:23 am »
Hi, Boggin
                       Could you elaborate on this
I do not know how to include your reply in my reply.
Quote:That sounds like you are getting somewhere and MS has released a few updates this year that have been causing problems for some.

You just hit the Quote button top right to include the post you are replying to.

There have been updates that have caused boot problems and two recent ones, KB3022345 and KB3068708 were causing sfc /scannow to report unable to repair Diagnostic Tracking Service errors and Telemetry errors respectively.

The latest one KB3079904 released on the 20th July has been causing a myriad of problems for some. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_update/security-update-kb3079904-caused-all-kinds-of/ae1b4105-845f-49e3-997a-13938e8a59d7?auth=1

Offline djfabricator

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2015, 09:34:38 am »
Deleting the updates has got rid of the dll errors and wuapp.exe. The files and .exe have rolled back and windows update now works so I have made progress. The sfc has still shown some corruption so there is more to investigate. After running scan and repairs I will be reinstall updates one at a time. Thanks again.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2015, 04:32:26 pm »
Did you ever find the chkdsk scan in the event viewer? i would really like to see what it says :-)

Shane

Offline djfabricator

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2015, 11:10:23 am »
Hi, after completing the chkdsk I was unable to find the log. Used the search find next with both parameters but didn't find anything.  Updates have installed apart from one which I will post the kb in a minute.  Updated still functioning but still have corruption.  I ran sfc fix.exe  and will post that text in a minute also.  Ed

Offline djfabricator

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2015, 01:01:03 pm »
Black screen with cursor after windows logo. Guessing it's toast now. Reinstall os?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2015, 03:16:39 pm »
I wanted to see if the chkdsk reported any bad sectors, if it did then the drive needs to be replaced.

See if this helps you find it :-)
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/96938-check-disk-chkdsk-read-event-viewer-log.html

Shane

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2015, 04:53:46 pm »
With just a black screen and white cursor you may not have the reinstall option if it won't boot up with the install disk.

Create a Kaspersky Rescue Disk which it should boot up with and run a scan with that.  http://support.kaspersky.co.uk/viruses/rescuedisk

It took about 9 hours to run on my lightly loaded Win 7 laptop and when it had completed and I clicked on Shutdown and came back a few minutes later, found it running a chkdsk /f which fixed it - but it would depend upon what caused your black screen as it could be because of hardware failure.

Offline djfabricator

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2015, 08:25:36 am »
Thanks for all your replies and help but I ended up reinstalling windows 7 and after it updated 10 installed. Only problem I have now is my storage drive says access denied.  Running check disk on it and then will try permissions. Hope it hasn't died.  Cheers ed

Offline Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2015, 11:44:15 am »
That sounds like you are getting somewhere and MS has released a few updates this year that have been causing problems for some.

I don't know if it's too late now, but run another sfc /scannow before reinstalling the updates to see what it reports compared to previous CBS Logs.

All this long feed; next maybe suggest, run upgrade from the install disk or load it on the system; suggest with ten coming. load the install disk on the system...

Load the disk on one drive; run setup, run upgrade option...
It will save all the existing users accounts, documents, files etc... and download the necessary files to update and overwrite any old system files he already had on his system...

---